Wrong national anthem!

Discussion in 'World Cup 2006' started by steve, Sep 10, 2006.

1. RussellButt

RussellButt FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

That's the one i meant Alex, sorry my classical knowledge is somewhat underpar... ;)

Still, it's a great piece of music, and on my MP3 player!! ;)

2. CiaranCrawford

CiaranCrawford FHF Regular Player

my view is that god save the queen should be used for occasions when it is the union e.g olympics. i also love flower of scotlnad, everytime i hear it it just makes me feel lucky to be scottish, a great motivator & nothing better than the tartan army belting it out before a game ( or when panneled in some european city ) However I hate when people shout against who & whatever else they shout between " and stood against him (against who?) proud edwards army ( ____) Iwas down in Amsterdam before the Netherlands - Scotland game & loved it. Thousands of Scots singing their heads off just for a good time with no trouble.

Wee'l be cominn.......

3. abasss

abasss FHF Regular Player

In Argentina we often use that version of the anthem in hockey matches. Our national anthem is long and it has a long musical intro, so we don't start singing until the middle of the song, and is often cut before that part starts. The harmonica version was done by a member of a popular rock band here. Maybe the players laughed because they were surprise to hear that version in another country, but I'm not really sure. Aymar is not cold ;) you shouldn't laugh during your national anthem! :p

The worst thing I saw, was during a Davis Cup final in Australia against Spain, they started playing not the Spanish national anthem but an anthem that was played during Franco's government. It was a pity because it was played live by a guy by a trumpet,( I felt sorry for the guy, it wasn't his fault) but it angered the Spanish very much.

4. PRICEMUNDINHO

PRICEMUNDINHO FHF Star Player

5. Inselaffen

Inselaffen FHF All Time Great