Wrist Injury

Discussion in 'Articles' started by hasifhilmi13, Jan 7, 2016.

1. hasifhilmi13

hasifhilmi13 FHF Newbie

Recently i bought a new stick. Voodoo V3 2014 and it's a little bit heavier than my older stick which is matador I've getting pop sounds all over my left wrists every time i spin them around. How do i overcome this? Without replacing the stick?

2. Craig Boyne

Craig Boyne FHF All Time Great

Go see a physio? Your wrists aren't made to 'spin around' though. Strengthening exercises will help, once again, see your physio.

3. The.Rampage.Rado

The.Rampage.Rado FHF All Time Great

As @Craig Boyne said got to the gym more often and never do those 'warming up' exercises where you rotate your wrist, knees or ankles. They are loosening up the ligaments in the joints making them more vulnerable to traumas.

4. hasifhilmi13

hasifhilmi13 FHF Newbie

Really wow. I never knew that before. Thank you. Seriously. Thanks for the advice. Then, what should i do to warm up the wrists ? If i may ask

5. Craig Boyne

Craig Boyne FHF All Time Great

If you feel you absolutely must, lightly stretch up/down and left/right. Never a rotation. If you're getting pain, see your physio. They can help with strapping techniques. A simple way to strap to reduce movement is tape like a wristband, only covering maybe 2-5cm of your wrist and the rest of the tape on your forearm.

hasifhilmi13 likes this.
  6. The.Rampage.Rado

The.Rampage.Rado FHF All Time Great

All those joints are made to do forwar-backward movements with only slight amount of 'give' to the side to accommodate external forces so any rotation (especially forced one, near the maximum of the joint as when warming up) will cause the joints to loosen and make them more prone to 'abnormal' movements causing serious injuries.

So warm up only with forward-backward movements, stretch your ankles forward-backwards, do some squats to warm up you knees, etc.

João Resende and hasifhilmi13 like this.
  7. hasifhilmi13

hasifhilmi13 FHF Newbie

Ouhhh okayy thank you very much then for the advice.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk