Where can I buy?

Discussion in 'Other Gear Questions & Reviews' started by lukehockey, Sep 13, 2011.

1. lukehockey

lukehockey FHF Newbie

A grays gx4000 jumbow?
    I have played with this stick for the last 3 seasons and it was brilliant, but it has finally come to the end of it's life.
    I replaced it with the gx3000 jumbow but it is just not the same, as the 4000 was significantly lighter and was less rigid which I found helped when dribbling.
    I am desperate to find another 4000, any suggestions would be a great help.
    (I have obviously tried the normal retailers; Barringtons, hockeyfactory etc but I have had no luck with those)

2. jaduong

jaduong FHF Legend

you'd be very lucky to find a 4000 jumbow at any retailer...that is an older model.

you may get lucky looking on ebay or the like.

apparently herbertsports (yes, curious name) have one listed on their website, but you might find that it is not in stock. you can try though...call them...
    http://www.herbertsports.co.uk/Hockey/Hockey-Sticks/Grays-GX4000-Jumbow/p-225-217-1295

perhaps the 4000 dynabow from last season would be close to what you are looking for.

best of luck

3. John

John FHF Legend

Seems counter intuitive, the 3000 should be less stiff than the 4000. Perhaps you could try a lighter weight model.

4. lukehockey

lukehockey FHF Newbie

Exactly my thoughts, however the 3000 has minimal feel and is very unforgiving.
    I think the key issue is the weight of the stick, as I have brought a light and it is significantly heavier than the light 4000 I had.
    I have contacted herbert sport and hopefully they have it in stock.
    Thanks guys! Massive help!