want to play in hoofdklasse

Discussion in 'Holland' started by doloug, Jul 10, 2011.

1. doloug

doloug FHF Newbie

Why is that sanchez

2. reversechop

reversechop FHF Regular Player

unless you know someone who has an in with a big club (does Luke Doerner not have something to do with Altona?) your best bet is likely to be going to the open trials that most of the overgangsklasse clubs have. As a few people have alluded to you might struggle to get into the hoofdklasse if you are not an internationally capped player. There isn't a lot of money going about for paying players in Dutch hockey at the minute, and i think you'd be surprised how little a lot of the players in the top league in holland actually make. The only ones making decent money are the sort of guys who have their own model of stick with adidas etc.
    if you look on the hockey.nl site they usually have details of the open trials

3. Folmer

Folmer FHF All Time Great

Like said before: Most Hoofdklasse players don't make a lot of money playing hockey, at Overgangsklasse level you must be glad to get anything at all. Almost all players have part time jobs and/or are still in Uni. Most money is made from sponsor contracts, but you have to be a well know international player to get one that will pay all the bills.

Most clubs will be able and, if the player is an asset, willing to arrange a job of some kind or a place at Uni or college, housing (at least for the first few months) and maybe some other perks. Most do demand some form of coaching or other work for the club in return.

If you really want to play here, post your resume on the site mentioned and on hockey.nl. You can try to contact clubs directly (most have contact details on their website) to see if they are interested, but most probably they will want you to participate in the trials to see your skills IRL before they offer you anything.

4. Sanchez

Sanchez FHF Starter

just in some of your text the English wasn't the best. Must be just in a rush!

5. doloug

doloug FHF Newbie

the problem is i cant get over to Holland till late September for the open trials which is too late. yes Luke is from altona and he is willing to back me if someone want to talk to him about me. i am happy to work part time and help out around the club. wot about your club Folmer?

6. Attempted Dragflicka

Attempted Dragflicka FHF Regular Player

Doesn't he play for Waverly?.................

7. doloug

doloug FHF Newbie

he play for waverly yes but he is altona thru and thru. he father is a selector for our first grade

8. Folmer

Folmer FHF All Time Great

I know for sure you will not get payed at my club (they play overgangsklasse), even if Luke vouches for you.
    I'll see if I can talk to the coaches and tell them about you, who knows. Can't promise you anything.

9. doloug

doloug FHF Newbie

thanks you Folmer

10. Attempted Dragflicka

Attempted Dragflicka FHF Regular Player

How is he "thru, and thru"? Heard he left to follow a coach over to Wav....

11. MK

MK FHF Legend

fight fight fight!

12. CiaranCrawford

CiaranCrawford FHF Regular Player

I played a season for GHHC in the overgangsklasse. I can tell you it was nowhere near 20k. I was getting about €400-500 a month, 2 flights and I lived with the team captain. Most teams won't give you much more.

13. doloug

doloug FHF Newbie

He was going to come back to altona this year if he didnt move to tassie. I'm not here to fight or talk about Luke I am here to get some advise and help to get me to holland.

€400 to 500 how long ago was that?? That doesn't care where I live as long as I have a bed to sleep in

14. CiaranCrawford

CiaranCrawford FHF Regular Player

I left here a fortnight after my 19th birthday, so that's coming up on 3 years now.

15. MK

MK FHF Legend

are you playing Hoofdklasse?

16. Basil Saeed

Basil Saeed FHF Newbie

doloug, can u help me in finding a decent club in Melbourne? I am writing on behalf a National team player from Pakistan.

17. markvanbrest

markvanbrest FHF Newbie

If you are good enough you must go to Alkmaar they play overgangsklasse! I am in Alkmaar U16