'Useless matches'

Discussion in 'Sliema Hotsticks' started by Henry, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Henry

Henry FHF Newbie

Could someone tell me why for a game like today, a good number of our players decided to have a Sunday off. It' s all well and good that the game had little value but I'm sure those who were there did not enjoy the final score. I'm sure we all would have liked to take it easy at home on a Sunday morning but if we had to lose to Rabat we could have at least done it with a little bit of pride. I'm not blaming those players who turned. They all did their best and I would like to say prosit especially to Elton who did well under difficult circumstances. :mad:

2. b3nh34th

b3nh34th FHF Starter

because people dont see the point in friendlies, why keep on playing and run the risk of injury when u can have a week off, y'know to spend time with family and stuff like that.
    dont get me wrong, i'm an absolute hockey nut, but there is more to life than hockey...
    what does anyone else think?
    ben

3. Sandro

Sandro FHF Newbie

It wasn't a friendly; that's the whole point.

4. Henry

Henry FHF Newbie

Ohh i see so someone actually thought it was a friendly!! You could have told me!! I would have stayed at home and taken it easy and not go through a mad rush to be in time for a wedding after the game. I'm sure the 12/13 idiots who turned up would have loved to spend time with family and stuff like that and of course there is more to life then hockey but my friend, who ever you are, that's what makes the difference between a mediocre side and a team that wins honours on a regular basis. And with that attitude we, unfortunatly, are a mediocre side.

5. Pierre

Pierre FHF Newbie

Good question Henry and the answer is simple. Some of the players don't know the meaning of commitment, they didn't give shit if we came last or third yesterday, they don't even care about their own team mates. Bottom line hockey comes last for these players and if someday they feel like playing maybe they will show up 5 min before the game and expects to play. What an attitude for a team and club who is trying to organise and participate in the cup winners challenge and what an example you are given to the juniors. I am not saying that if everyone comes to training and games and gives his best that we will win the league but at least you win and loose together and that is team spirit which at this moment is non existing. Where is your respect for the coach, the man who from the beginning of the club has never let you down? Can you imagine how he must feel when he turns up for a training session and only six players are present or before a game, key players are missing or late? Probably on the media they will report that BDO Hotsticks was trashed by Rabat. The thing is that you are part of BDO Hotsticks, how does this make you feel? You can always say that “ah that’s because I wasn't there" and that maybe makes you feel important. Bullshit. I am gutted and disappointed by the mentality of certain players and if you are not going to resolve this situation there is only one road and that is down. Finally I would like to dedicate yesterday’s defeat to those players who didn’t feel like showing up for the game, thank you very much. For all those who played, well done for all the effort

6. b3nh34th

b3nh34th FHF Starter

sorry, only matches i've ever played on sundays have always been friendlies, a league game is a completely different perspective, and commitment is mandatory for league games..
    apologies everyone
    ben

7. steve

steve Founder/Owner
    FHF Administrator

Stick/s:
    Ritual Velocity 95
    no problem ben....it was just a misunderstanding