Management & Communication Umpiring with Microphones

Discussion in 'Outdoor Umpiring Questions & General Chat' started by LowerO, Oct 28, 2012.

1. ref_men

ref_men FHF Newbie

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rupse-Water...25265528&sr=1-141&keywords=intercom bluetooth

Hi Guys!

This Intercom Works Well with JABRA waves? This is A version 1000M. Not a 1200M version.

Someone?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Or This model

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SHKLXMBT688IL-Motorcycle-Snowmobile-Bluetooth-Interphone/dp/B004P449QI

Works Well with Jabra waves?

I ask because this model has two jack (A paragraph headset and Another paragraph load) SO (picture Is Not the New Model and NOT the sales model on Amazon, AND JUST To illustrate)

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjkzWDEyODA=/$(KGrHqR,!rQE88hJMt8iBP,ee6EV7g

This is the manual in PDF
    http://www.sharkmotorcycleaudio.com/content/SHKLXMBT688IL.pdf

#341 ref_men, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  2. Diligent

Diligent FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

From the pictures, it looks like any of those units has the 3.5mm socket to plug in Jabra Wave earpieces, so you could use them for umpiring.

The top two I have seen in use by local umpires, and they seem to be better built than the earlier types.

ref_men likes this.
  3. ref_men

ref_men FHF Newbie

Thank you so much! Then I will purchase one of those.

4. Gingerbread

Gingerbread FHF All Time Great

Both of your links are essentially just the BT Interphone set which comes with the bigger jack - the Jabra will fit it though you might need the little connector wire that cleans up the signal (should come with the Jabra)

ref_men likes this.
  5. ref_men

ref_men FHF Newbie

Thank for the support! I have a 2 connectors like this [​IMG]

And I think another one that came with Jabra Wave.

I bought the first pair Intercoms (#340) for 140 Euros with shipping.

6. ref_men

ref_men FHF Newbie

[​IMG]

This Headset works with BT Interphone or the Motorola position ring's channel is different?

7. Blair Thomson

Blair Thomson FHF Newbie

Where can I get them???

8. Diligent

Diligent FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

That looks great for sitting at a desk, but I'm not sure about for umpiring. With movement, a long boom like that tends to lever the headset off the ear, so you'll need to tape it in place. The curly lead is going to be tucked under clothing, just where you need an unobtrusive plain wire. And does it come with the adapters for different devices?

Of umpires who try the Jabra Wave Corded, few ever go back to anything else.

Nic Oliver likes this.
  9. Ballingdon

Ballingdon FHF Top Player

PS Make sure you use a foam windshield on the microphone too - your partner get reduced wind noise in the ear. To avoid loss, glue it on with a non-solvent based glue

10. mdemello

mdemello FHF Newbie

Has anybody has experience with the Vokkero headsets?

We are considering purchasing the 3, 4, or 5 set kit depending on price and capabilities.

11. alex.miles

alex.miles FHF Star Player

Hi from Ontario, @mdemello

Vokkeros are used internationally and have very good reputation. Unfortunately, they also come at a very high price. There are lower-cost options that have been showing up, but not all are great. Some crazy nutters have in fact spent more money on buying cheaper options that eventually fail than they would have on purchasing Vokkeros from the get go.

The Vokkeros come in three different levels (BasiX, Evo, Squadra), with varying levels of features. I doubt you will need the highest tier (Squadra), which is designed for professional matches and has an increased price to reflect that. The main difference between BasiX and Evo is that with Evo you can have multiple networks going at the same time. That is, you could have umpires on two fields side-by-side on two different networks. With BasiX you can only have one network, and it's limited to three hands-free participants. So you could not run two fields side-by-side with BasiX - the two fields would have to be far apart. Additionally, you can buy a Evo 4 pack and break it down into two 2-person sets by using the different networks. I'm not sure if the BasiX allows for this.

A three radio set will be around USD$2,200 for the BasiX, $3,200 for the Evo, and $3,800 for the Squadra. Four radio sets are $4,200 for Evo and $5,000 for Squadra. Personally, I have used SoccerSuperStoreUSA in the past and found them good but I'm sure there are other ways of purchasing them.

For other lower-cost solutions you could look at Ref-Comm ($700 for 3 person set) or Yapalong (CAD $630 for 3 person set), though I have not tried either. I see that Ref-Comm has been used in a National Association Soccer League match, and that the Yapalong 3000 (earlier model of current offering) was used by the Canberra District Rugby League, certainly suggesting that they are of good quality.

EDIT: just realised you posted in an older thread. He's the newer one which has a lot more information: http://www.fieldhockeyforum.com/threads/umpiring-with-microphones.16588/

Mod edit: new posts moved to current thread.

#351 alex.miles, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015
  12. mdemello

mdemello FHF Newbie

Thanks to everyone for your advice. I have contacted Vokkero as well as Eartec. Eartec quoted me $1557 with 3 Cyber CS headsets and spare batteries. Waiting for Vokkero's quote.

13. Kerrod

Kerrod FHF Newbie

Has anyone heard of or seen a system by Blucom? (http://www.blucom.pl/eng/)

I have just been informed about them but had never heard of them previous.

14. Lacho898

Lacho898 FHF Star Player

Has anyone had any luck with mci2? I have been trying to contact them but to no avail. Has anyone bought radios off them and if so, what did you think?

15. careeman

careeman FHF Super Star

I own exactly the same set MCI2 will sell you (but didn't get them from him) and they're fine. Not as good as the Umpire Talk set but good enough (IMO) for the money.

I know who runs MCI2 so if you want to message me your email and I can forward it to him if you like on his private email.

16. MuppetUmp

MuppetUmp FHF Legend

Ok so I have acquired a set of BT Interphones to use as radios. The instructions are in less than useless "chinglish". Does anyone have a set and know the correct button order presses for getting them on, paired and talking to each other? I've only managed to get it to work through trial and error

17. Blair Thomson

Blair Thomson FHF Newbie

Yeah you press and hold BOTH helmet buttons until the light flashes blue and red quickly. Then press one of the helmet buttons... This will start synching the units... Once it stops and flashes slowly... Press that button again! Then you'll be linked.

18. MuppetUmp

MuppetUmp FHF Legend

When you say both the helmet buttons thats one on each of the units. and then the helmet button on one unit only to sync

19. Blair Thomson

Blair Thomson FHF Newbie

Yes the same button you press on the one unit to lock in the sync!

20. noates

noates FHF Legend

Wait until you try to turn them off! ;)

Used mine again yesterday with a local county umpire who has the official microphone set but uses a Jabra Wave with it.

Plugged his Jabra in to mine with the provided adapter and up and away.

I do like standardisation sometimes!

Michael Byrne likes this.