Umpires clothing

Discussion in 'Resources, Equipment, Signals' started by deegum, Aug 21, 2008.

1. justin-old

justin-old FHF Legend

And all I said was "You may have to take the Fifth." (i.e. rather than comment on/reply to my "..... innit?" question).

You see her infinitely more often than I do!

2. deegum

deegum FHF Legend

infinitely? ;)

3. justin-old

justin-old FHF Legend

Yeah...mighta known it would be you :) I did... and usually do.... try to choose my words for maximum accuracy ;)

I never see her...OK?

No guarantee I never will, of course, but it's a very low probability!

4. John

John FHF Legend

If you don't see her and he does then the statement holds true. :p

5. justin-old

justin-old FHF Legend

Precisely, John :)

6. Resslys Agent

Resslys Agent FHF Starter

Back on topic of clothing - just come back from umpiring in Southg Africa and there were some quite snzzy kits out there!
    Malik are the suppliers and some of my colleagues had various colours in the old polo shirt style, but these were mainly 'softer' colours, blue, pink, but they also did some in the new 'breathable' material in brighter colours, particularly a bright blue.
    Also some of my colleagues wore STIHL shirts, also in various colours.
    If there's anyone out there who can get me a web address where I can purchase these then I'd much appreciate it!

On the subject of Keely and clothing, she did send me a few pics when she was umpiring in Argentina last year and she was wearing some fetching dayglo (adidas) pink and yellow shirts!

7. redumpire

redumpire FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

Be careful when importing/exporting sports clothing to/from South Africa. The guy in this story is a friend of my dad's...

8. controller

controller FHF Legend

So getting back to uniforms and clothing, what are the new colours for the forthcoming season!!

I saw umpires in Orange in the other day, it looked like they had been tangoed, to be truthful.

9. redumpire

FHF Moderator

NPUA members have been given three Tempest shirts to wear this season Controller: yellow, light blue turquoise aqua (someone help me out here!) and black. So that's what we'll be wearing. (Well, what we'll be wearing as soon as we get them back from having the still-as-yet-unannounced sponsor's logo emblazon across their fronts!)

10. keely

keely FHF Legend

Definitely turquoise, red. ;) After that, do colours vary throughout the regional associations?

At home in Calgary, our provincial association (FHA) just started distributing a very nice set of yellow and smoky blue fitted dri-fit-type shirts with a set of cards on the sleeve and "UMPIRE" across the back. Now all we have to do is convince FHC to allow us to wear the same shirts in yellow, pink and turquoise and I'll be one incredibly happy gal. In my view, national umpires should be wearing the same colours as are worn internationally - that way, if an umpire gets an opportunity at the higher level, they already have the right attire and don't have to worry about going out an buying something new.

Si, I still haven't worn those neon shirts from ARG since that tourney! More "demanding" than "fetching", I would say! (Send me an email about SA, we've got notes to compare.)

11. Twister

Twister FHF Regular Player

Turquoise is close enough!

The sponsor is Steelcase Solutions, courtesy of Mr Jenkins! They make office furniture and have signed a three year agreement I believe.

12. redumpire

FHF Moderator

Turquoise it is! So that's yellow, turquoise and black, Controller. Very smart they are too.

Look at you, Mr I'm-In-The-Know! (Hope you've not just spoiled the big PR announcement there...)

13. Twister

Twister FHF Regular Player

If you have a look at the npua WEBSITE, the logo is emblazoned across the top right corner :p!

Does seem a bit strange that there's not been more of an announcement. Perhaps they're waiting to print the shirts first.

14. redumpire

FHF Moderator

Blimey, so it is! I honestly hadn't spotted that. Not the most obvious logo in the world...

15. keely

keely FHF Legend

Look at Jenksy go, guaranteeing himself the best games this season. Well done by him. ;)

16. CardHappy

CardHappy FHF Legend

(Feeling I'm going to be Keelleyed for hijaking the thrread but...)

Who's going the NPUA conference? Jenks told me a funny story about the meeting with Steelcase about the sponsorship... I'll tell you about it next friday if your going.. lol

17. keely

keely FHF Legend

Actually, I'd much rather blow a gasket on the much more important issue of the grossly negligent misspelling of my name.

And no, thanks to the price of gas/petrol flights are astronomical and I can't afford the trip over for the weekend.

But then again... you got a piano tied to your leg and can't start a new thread about the conference? Sheesh! lol

18. CardHappy

CardHappy FHF Legend

Oh my.. must have had too much vino last night.. spelling is first thing to go!!
    Looking forward to having awful spelling next weekend!!

19. Spam

Spam FHF Regular Player

Hi Resslys Agent, could you maybe free some space in your pm inbox, I would like to contact you about something?

Regards

Sp@m