UK LIONS TOUR 2006

Discussion in 'Sliema Hotsticks' started by Greig1911, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Greig1911

Greig1911 FHF Regular Player

Dear All,

I would like to thank the Hockey Association of malta, the Maltese U16 national squad, Sliema Hotsticks, the other 3 clubs, and all backroom staff (including Fran Treadgold and Peter Aitkins aswell as Graham Bell) who enabled the UK Lions tour of malta to go ahead. Personally speaking i had a very enjoyable time in your country and the standard of hockey is very good but i am sure you will have found somthing to work on. I hope to play against you sometime in the future to see if your countries hockey has improved. Once again the Maltese people are very supportive of your team and the crowd were fantastic especially on Sunday the 10th of December.

Merry Christmas to you all and all the best for the future of Maltese Hockey,

Kind regards Greig Cunningham (UK lions #1 goalkeeper)

2. Pierre

Pierre FHF Newbie

Hi Greig

Glad you enjoyed your visit here in Malta and I hope everybody from your sqaud did aswell. Hope to play against you in the future but until than I wish you all the best for Xmas and a happy New Year.

Regards
    Pierre

3. Leli

Leli FHF Newbie

Greig,

It was an intensive and exciting hockey weekend. All those present at the Hockey Centre enjoyed it from start to finish. To keep it short I will only say that I was satisfied with the effort put in by our kids but it is even more important for them to realise how much more there is to the game.

The visit by UK Lions was a great experience to us all. My regards and thanks to all players, coaching staff and parents who made all this possible.

See ya soon

Manuel
    (Sliema Hs Coach)

PS Many thanks for sharing the weather with us too :p

4. steve

steve Founder/Owner
    FHF Administrator

Stick/s:
    Ritual Velocity 95
  5. Greig1911

Greig1911 FHF Regular Player

Manuel you have alot to be proud of in your kids they put up a great fight against a very very strong and skillful squad i was very impressed by how Sliema HS played on friday and how Malta U16s played on Saturday and sunday i am very honoured to have played against players who will form the basis of a very strong maltese squad in the future. Steve due to problems with my computer would it be possible to email me tose pictures so as that i can forward them to Fran Treadgold if this isnt possible could you post them on the Sliema HS website in the photo gallery

kind regards

Greig