Which gear? TK S1 vs TK P1 /Obo Robo Goalie Pants

Discussion in 'Goalie Zone' started by simpo, Sep 6, 2017.

1. simpo

simpo FHF Newbie

Has anyone used both the TK S1 Safety Pants and the Platinum 1 Performance Pants? I sometimes would get a bruise underneath the armour with a really powerful hit on the thigh (especially during co-ed training). I have the S1 now, just wondering if the TK P1 or Obo Robo Hotpants would provide more protection, and worth spending more money replacing my S1. Thanks!

2. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

I wear the TK P1 and have done for the last 18 months. I had the GX1.0 shorts before that too which lasted me forever.

The P1s are very very good, light and comfy (I ran... Well walked... 11 miles in them!) only thing of note on the thumbs down side weirdly is that they are very long and the obo abdoguard doesn't fit brilliantly! Protection is very very good.

Compared to the obo stuff I couldn't honestly tell you as I haven't worn any in 10+ years. Hopefully someone will be along who has tried both!

simpo likes this.
  3. simpo

simpo FHF Newbie

Thanks for the input. Yes my TK S1 pants were too long also, and got in the way of my leg guards. I ended up having to shorten them by sewing it up near the groin section