THE SPANISH PLAYERS DECLARED INNOCENTS OF DOPING.THE END OF A NIGHTMARE

Discussion in '2008 Beijing Olympics' started by contramowly, Jul 18, 2008.

1. contramowly

contramowly FHF Legend

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

THE FIH declared the 2 spanish players accused of doping in Baku pre-Olympic tournament INNOCENT

Spain wil go to Beijing and the 2 players will be included in the 16 list

2. philthy

philthy FHF All Time Great

top news

wonder if we'll ever find out what actually went on?!

3. digit

digit FHF Regular Player

Thats GREAT.

Do you have any more information, like why they were found innocent or about the other antics that have been reported at the qualifiers.

4. contramowly

contramowly FHF Legend

After the famous dinner where many members of spanish delegation felt sick, and the positive, the spanish board made a general drug test on everybody's hair, even the wife of the president of the spanish board Mrs. Colomer gave positive on ecstasy. She's more than 70.

I really expect Azerbaijan Organization is paying for all this. There are more dark passages in this story but I will not mention as the main thing for hockey and for the 2 players is now only a bad dream from which we are all relieved. I hope this nightmare never happens again

5. Craggsy

Craggsy Beikou Hockey founder
    FHF Moderator

I'm not surprised at all by this.

6. Diligent

Diligent FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

Excellent news. The brief formal announcement from FIH concludes:

"The FIH Judicial Commission found that no anti-doping
    rule violation has been committed.

Following the decision of the FIH Judicial Commission,
    the FIH considers the cases as closed and no other
    communication will be made."

Here's looking forward to some great Olympic Hockey. :)

7. CoachTaff

CoachTaff FHF All Time Great

I am very Happy for the Spanish team but Does that mean that Azerbiajan wil not be investigated on what happened at Baku?? Surely if the Spanish team have been found Innocent something else must have gone on?? or are the FIH just playing Devils Advocate and not looking any further into this because of political reasons ???

8. Snoody

Snoody FHF All Time Great

That's great news. Thanks for posting the news, Contramowly.
    However, there must be some fingers pointing at Azerbaijan now.

9. johncoxon

johncoxon FHF Legend

I never doubted this outcome for a minute - it all looked so suspicious from the start and trully believe that there were the politics of envy in operation and the belief that money , from whatever source and whatever you have to do to try and make your government look good is ok ,as in most other areas of pollicy they were not doing a good job , so lets try it !! .That equals success however shallow , and oh we can play games , against the rules and so prevail. They got caught out in my viewby default and let's not fool oursleves . This smear was calculated.

This puts those who try those sort of ganster tactics right back on their heels and that is how it should be in my view.

I thought a president of a marginalised Eastern state, suddenly obsessed with hockey , with his government chronies in on it , a country very probably dominated by corruption and yet so wanting to be accepted. I actually believed from the beggining that this was a set up and that it was politically motivated. I still think it is. Put me in the sin bin as I probably deserve it for saying this stuff . This was a verdict supporting the obvious in my view . Equally if some outward post in the Lower Antartic sudenly developed a hockey team with state support I'd be extremly worried ! Snoody you are right. There is something rotten abroad and it isn'tsport . Viva Espana!!!

10. johncoxon

johncoxon FHF Legend

Re-reading my post I was a tad over the top ( so what's new ? ) and I am not condemning everyone in Aza or all its government but couldn't help feeling very suspicious of what may have been happening regardless of whether it was the work of an individual or a conspiracy. In different parts of the world there are very different values with cognitive dissonance - what I used to call precepts namely that , for example , someone who is an habitual thief does not actually think they doing anything wrong just as emotionally and behaviourlally disturbed kids in school, whom I used to teach , were unware that their challenging often bizzarre behaviour was abnormal. In the same way , from another thread , ( Dwain and the BOC) there is an historical tradition in England / Britain a sense of justice of fair play and not Jungle rules OK- it's either cricket or " not cricket " chaps here as a general rule. There needs to be a global ethical standard and I appreciate that utopia is some way off being achieved. Similar thing during the cricket when an umpire acused the visitors of tampering with the ball; right or wrong it took courage to halt the game. I was concerned that the subsequent villification of the Umpire and the dismissal of the accusation becauuse the money and power base in the game lies in Asia and you wouldn't want to kill the golden goose.

Winning by fair means or foul is the way in some parts of the world and in some places their is institutional endorsement of cheating - of course we can never know who exactly was responsible for covertly doping some of the Spanish team. You will recall how East German athletics a while back was fueled by a state controlled performance enhancing drug regime where that state sought political credence of a communist government through success in sport . Then their was the 66 world cup where a piece of jewellry was planted on one of the England team-gamesmanhip on a nationalistic scale! Dwain's folly was a personal choice which not only impacted on him but his peers and the sport. Similalry , I have no doubt that the Aza hockey players would not have welcomed this attempt to discredit the Spanish and any victory or advantage achieved would not haverested easily as all decent people want to win on their own merits and not through cheating otherwise whatvalue the vicotry ?

11. Grumpy

Grumpy FHF Legend

I think John the jewellry was planted in 1970 not 66, as thats when England lost the cup but won the match. Its not often i remember football rubbish so i felt i had to share the knowlage. If its wrong beat me with a lot of hockey stiicks

12. johncoxon

johncoxon FHF Legend

Was it in Bogatall ( sic ) or somewhere like that ?

13. johncoxon

johncoxon FHF Legend

Yep you are right Grumpy I read it again “ Bobby Moore 'steals' bracelet, 1970†after a trazwl of the net .
    Apparently prior to the Mexico World Cup England had a friendly against Colombia in Bogota. While waiting for the match Moore went with Bobby Charlton to a jewellery shop to look for a present for Charlton's wife. Having left empty-handed Moore was accused of stealing an emerald and diamond bracelet. It appears from this report that the shop owner was implicated in a set up. More here :-
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/august/20/newsid_4537000/4537235.stm

14. redumpire

redumpire FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

That's a very Anglo-centric view of our place in the sporting world John.

Just sticking to cricket: what about Gatting's furious and unforgivable row with Shakoor Rana (apologies if that's not spelled correctly), or Atherton's rubbing dirt on the ball, or Collingwood's run out appeal in the recent one-day game against the Kiwis, or even the Body-line series if we want to go that far back.

Turning to athletics: Dwain Chambers, Linford Christie, Diane Modahl all being drugs cheats; Zola Budd getting a dodgy passport through so she could run for us in the Olympics.

Cycling: David Millar - drugs cheat.

Football: Rio Ferdinand skipping a drugs test; John Terry arguing with referees about every single decision and sometimes even manhandling them.

The English are every bit as capable of behaving in an under-hand manner as every other race of people. OK, we don't have the institutionalised corruption that may be present in a minority of other countries, but we're very far from being squeaky clean.

15. johncoxon

johncoxon FHF Legend

I am not over looking the shortcomings of the English then again the roots of a lot of sports began here and the principals of fair play embedded in the rules that emerged. I think there is an essential difference between competitive gamesmanship and deliberately trying to sabotage a team.

16. Magpie

Magpie Administrator
    FHF Administrator

17. johncoxon

johncoxon FHF Legend

In fact though this sort of incident is relatively rare though.

18. gaspardikus

gaspardikus FHF Newbie

johncoxon

with all my respect to the europe civilization, however i could have pointed on many occasions of dirty poliitics and domination of discrimination in the begun..but..let it be as it is..

the fact is, you will never know what happened exactly between both sides by just reading the quotes of authorized community members and besides, it becomes easy to blame by having just clues from rumours but truth will remain under the dust..and dust is still there for this issue..blackmail domination is above of free flow of the 'true information'.