Olympics 2016 Thank you Jamie Dwyer

Discussion in 'General Hockey Chit-Chat' started by steve, Aug 15, 2016.

1. steve

steve Founder/Owner
    FHF Administrator

Stick/s:
    Ritual Velocity 95
    Without a doubt Jamie Dwyer is considered as one of the best if not the best who ever lived. A living legend who unfortunately retires with a bit of a scar. A 4-0 trashing by the Netherlands in the Quarter finals is not what JD had in mind but it's something that he has to live with for the rest of his life.

He won gold in his first Olympic games and scored in a memorable extra time final but from then onward it was only disappointments at the Olympic games. This was probably the greatest disappointment of them all.

As a neutral fan of the game I just want to say thank you to an amazing individual who has given so much to the sport we all love. This was definitely not the way to end it all but as always in life, you can't always get what you want!

From all of us, hockey fans and not, thank you Jamie for making us fall in love with the game!

Yours truly,
    Steve

jdhockey.jpg

2. marcel

marcel FHF Newbie

What a true legend and inspiration to all players and spectators

3. BossFHockey

BossFHockey FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    This would be quite a list for all of them....
    I ahve put on social media in the past, but to me he is a player who has changed the game around him. He is up their with Jordan in basketball, Pele in football and Ali in boxing, a Legend of Sport.

4. Christian

Christian FHF Top Player

Stick/s:
    JDH x79 Hook-Head Concave
    I'm not sure if you know this but I definitely respect Jamie Dwyer as a person and a player. A hero to hockey who has helped inspire me to pick up a stick and try my best. None can compare to this legend.