'Teas' rules

Discussion in 'General Hockey Chit-Chat' started by asc1991, Dec 12, 2017.

1. asc1991

asc1991 FHF Top Player

Hi all,

Earlier in the season I was reding through rulebooks and came across a section which talked about post-match teas and the responsibilities that the home club has surrounding that.

However, I can't for the life of me find it anymore. I don't know if it's league specific, but if anybody knows where to look, I would be grateful for a pointer.

Thanks!

2. redumpire

redumpire FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

One thing's for sure: it's not a rule of hockey! It will be a local league regulation.

Here's what the England Hockey regulations for the national leagues state:
    I'd be amazed if their wasn't similar provision in other English leagues' regulations.

3. Gingerbread

Gingerbread FHF All Time Great

Funnily enough Midlands doesn't seem to have any such rule mentioned in the league rules for men or women unless I missed it in my read through

4. redumpire

FHF Moderator

Consider me amazed... ;)

5. Notty11

Notty11 FHF Top Player

From the Midlands "Guidance Notes"

d) The home club is expected to provide “teas” or suitable refreshment for the visiting side. It is advisable to let the visiting team know, when confirming the fixture, the venue for the “teas” and the arrangements, so that the opposition can confirm whether their players will be available to take “tea”– and if the visiting team is for any reason unable to accept the offer of “tea”, or if not all of the players can stay, then the visitors can notify in advance and any waste of food and costs can be avoided.

6. Gingerbread

Yeah I just found found it and was about to post it, it's not in the league rules but the guidance notes!

The women's I found right at the end by the green card bit - I found out 2 weeks ago ladies are doing a mandatory TD experiment this year

7. Johnny Heath

Johnny Heath FHF Starter

The teas provided by the home team must be ‘hot’? I have played a few games where we were provided sandwiches. Our pub provides hot teas. Stews, curry and pasta.

It’s nice to sample the teas throughout the season and our team rates them accordingly.

8. Diligent

Diligent FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

Is that for the timing of green cards only, yellow cards also, or/and the management of substitutions, numbers on shirts etc.?

We had a season or two at South Regional Womens' League of the home club providing a green card monitor, which has now, thankfully, been dropped.

The monitors seldom made themselves known more than 1 minute before push back, seemed surprised that umpires would want to talk to them, preferred to guess rather than know about the rules around green cards, tended to time a card on the phone in use for calls and txts, and even had few qualms about sending their player back up to 30 seconds early, and the oppo up to 30 seconds late. It is much better now the umpires are allowed to manage it ourselves.

Sorry. Off topic. Rant over. :oops:

9. Gingerbread

Yes it's just greens, found out in a club game of all things as I hadn't seen any notice on the Midlands website but in theory home club need to provide someone with a watch and sheet and time from when player sits down with game going on around them. With radios I prefer to manage it as well personally but rules are rules

10. redumpire

FHF Moderator

Consider me amazed no longer... :)

Gingerbread likes this.
  11. Gingerbread

I'm still amazed the league put in a rule about providing a TD and umpires didn't know about it!

redumpire likes this.
  12. VeteranKeeper

VeteranKeeper FHF Top Player

Our first and second tier leagues have Technical Officials. One is supplied by Hockey Victoria the other by the home club. They manage the time, live online scoring, scoreboard and card management. It's a league entry requirement to also have a proper covered desk and seating for them although the quality of this varies from purpose built to a desk with a tarpaulin over the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk