Indoor Starting indoor, need some SERIOUS help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Goalie Zone' started by LuluGoalie, Sep 8, 2014.

1. LuluGoalie

LuluGoalie FHF Top Player

I've been convinced by a really good mate from hockey to start indoor with her club, and I've never played before. Apparently our state team (I live in Tasmania, Australia) never has a goalie, so I'd be it, but I've been told by this friend that I'm one of the best keepers for our age in the state. I'd be playing in U15 (I think, if not U18), and I don't know anything about indoor, so I need some help.

I'm getting an OBO Cloud kit before the season starts, and I know I need sliding covers, but what else do I need in regards to the type of sticks, shirts, shoes, etc.? And any rules I need to know? State is in January, and the regular season starts before the end of the year, so I don't have too much time to get ready. Anything anybody thinks would be useful is appreciated! Please help me!!!

2. ScottishDonald

ScottishDonald FHF Legend

indoor is amazing! you'll find it really enjoyable once you get into the swing of things :) the first thing you'll notice is its a workout for the keepers, so take a lot of water :p really what gear you use is up to you, I generally don't change my outdoor gear at all since that's what I'm comfortable with but some people might like to change their shoes I guess? I wear my outside astro's and find them pretty grippy, so I imagine thats the reason some people might go with less grippy footwear :p
    short corners is where you'll find a big change, as your tactics will differ and obviously everyone keeps differently, but what a ex top keeper told me was that you either stay at home or leave home :D what I mean by that is you either sit and wait for the shot or you charge down the striker taking the shot (I haven't played indoor to a particularly high level so better keepers than me might tell you differently :p)

3. Inselaffen

Inselaffen FHF All Time Great

Astros are completely wrong shoes for indoor and the sports hall management will probably string you up from the rafters if you use them. get some specific indoor shoes. Badminton, tennis or football ones are fine.

4. RushMan

RushMan FHF All Time Great

Been a little while since I played indoor but one thing stands out...

Clean the dust off your shoes. Having grip helps a lot in indoor.