Schinnen

Discussion in 'Holland' started by bc, Jul 3, 2010.

1. bc

bc FHF Newbie

Hows the girls hockey in Schinnen, Netherlands? Thinking of moving there, have an 7th grade daughter that wants to learn, play and get great at hockey. Any thoughts..................

2. Folmer

Folmer FHF All Time Great

There's a couple clubs nearby. The closest is Nuth.. A club of about 350 members, mainly youth. I know someone who played there and he says it's a very friendly, open club with a good "family feeling".
    The biggest is the neighbourhood is Maastricht, about 20min. drive. They also play the highest level and have the most options in terms of levels of play. Not sure if there is a waiting list for Maastricht though, just contact them if you're interested.

For more clubs in the neighbourhood have look at the KNHB site (Dutch Hockey Association) Scroll the map to Schinnen and zoom in. (the icons will not show when zoomed out too much.)

Don't hesitate to ask any further questions.

3. Kabouter

Kabouter FHF Newbie

Hi BC

I've only just joined, and maybe you've found a club near to Schinnen already ?

Our club, Sjinborn.nl is in Valkenburg (not too far from Schinnen really).
    My son has been a member for 2 years and my daughter just started of in the kabouters (hockey for 4/5 year olds)
    It's a very friendly club and has at least three or four native English speakers (me, amongst others!)

Kabouter