Personal penalties Red card for team official

Discussion in 'Outdoor Umpiring Questions & General Chat' started by lewijono, Oct 2, 2017.

1. thirdeyeblind

thirdeyeblind FHF Newbie

If you're willing to pay a non refundable fee on the off chance the ban gets reduced.

2. redumpire

redumpire FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

In my opinion, that's a reasonable way of ensuring that people only go down that particular path if they have a genuine grievance. If it was easy then every disciplinary panel in the country would be inundated with frivolous appeals...

3. Krebsy

Krebsy FHF All Time Great

If the appeal is successful you should get your money back

4. redumpire

FHF Moderator

On reflection, yes agreed.

Going to back to the original post, my research tells me that the umpires on the game in question were appointed by the clubs, not by an HUA, @lewijono. Is that right?

5. aussieump

aussieump FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

This is from a newspaper in Australia regarding the issuing of cards to Coaches, which seems to be going to be introduced under IFAB guidance

Football’s international rule makers have given A-League bosses permission to trial coaches being given yellow and red cards for dissent and abuse of match officials or opposition players, in a very public attempt to reduce such behaviour.

The International Football Association Board (IFAB) only confirmed its agreement to the trial in the past few days, and its introduction will be delayed by several weeks as the detail is worked out - such as what penalty, if any, will be invoked for the accrual of several yellows.

Thought I would share this as seems it could lead to other sports following

6. Nij

Nij FHF All Time Great

Other sports like who? The majority already boot team staff that don't keep their feet inside the line and their tongues far enough inside their heads. Football is the one following, here.

7. Diligent

Diligent FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

In England, FIFA have allowed a trial in lower-level football of temporary suspensions (10 minutes) for players showing serious dissent. About a quarter of local associations have opted in to the trial.

8. Gingerbread

Gingerbread FHF All Time Great

Football "technical areas" were established in the Laws of Football in 1993 with coaches restricted to those areas (where they were provided). Coaches/managers were formally banned from leaving the zone in 1999, something managed by the fourth official who could report them to the referee. Managers have been able to be sent off (sent to the stands) since at least 2003 (earliest reference I can find to one being sent off)

Whatever your reasons for disliking football, please consider fact checking before posting.

Source: Football History of Laws 1990-2000

9. Trig

Trig FHF Legend

I think you both should be pulled up with a disrepute charge and expelled for introducing "that" sport into the conversation!

Rob S likes this.
  10. Gingerbread

Learning from other sports is never a bad thing, dismissing stuff because it's from a sport you don't like misses potential benefits for our own.

11. Trig

Trig FHF Legend

I will keep my tongue very firmly in my cheek! o_O

12. Gingerbread

13. aussieump

aussieump FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

As I said it was for discussion, the fact that it has been or will be introduced leads to discussion about attitudes from coaches

14. lewijono

lewijono FHF Starter

Stick/s:
    Gryphon Tour Samurai
    I organise the umpire for our games and it didn't go via me. I just got a word document saying 'umpire allocations' and had a few more on there for our future games so not sure on this one. I definitely didn't have to find the umpires.

15. Mackem

Mackem FHF Newbie

Allocated by NDHUA who do North 2 East (North East team Home games) and North East Prem.

16. redumpire

FHF Moderator

Thank you.