PGSOB Hockey Club require coaches, players and a billionaire chairman.

Discussion in 'Adverts' started by Tristan, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Tristan

Tristan FHF Regular Player

PGSOB Hockey Club based in Plymouth, Devon, UK have the need for players, goalkeepers and coaches.

Having lived in the south east of England where we had a wealth of coaches, players and facilities, I'm really quite shocked at the lack of support for the sport in the south west.

If you coach a good standard of hockey or even if you have a good hockey brain but no coaching badges, message me. We could pay for your coaching badges if you agree to help us out with our 1st team. We play in the southern conference of WSWHL, 2 leagues from national league.

If you know which end of the stick to use, please get in touch, we're a social club with the right amount of competitive edge.

If you're a keeper, we really need you. We have 4 teams and 2 regularly available keepers.

If you've got a spare billion, or even million sitting around and need to occupy your Wednesdays and Saturdays, let me know.

In all seriousness, I would love to hear from any coaches, unqualified coaches, players, goalkeepers and benefactors in the south west that are willing to travel to Plymouth for a good old fashioned bit of stick and ball.

You can contact me by PM or tweet @pgsobhockey.

2. Parker72

Parker72 FHF Starter

Good luck in your search. If you get more than one billionaire, send them down to Cornwall ;-)

Totally agree with your comments about the south west though :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tristan likes this.
  3. sotiris denekos

sotiris denekos FHF Reserve Player

Hello my name is sotiris. I'm goalkeeper if you interesting send me a email from more Information and my CV Sotosdene@hotmail.com
    Thanks you

4. Recruitment4Hockey

Recruitment4Hockey FHF Regular Player

We can help you in your search for hockey coach post a free volunteer or community ad at www.recruitment4hockey.com cheers R4H team

5. Tristan

Thanks! If we end up with a surplus of billionaires I'll let you know. Just so I can direct them the right way, which club do you play for?

steve likes this.
  6. Tristan

Thanks for that, I'll forward it on to our admin team.

7. Parker72

Parker72 FHF Starter

8. Parker72

Parker72 FHF Starter

Duchy HC

9. nemo

nemo FHF All Time Great

Sikh Union Coventry

10. Tristan

Ah, a league above our 2's and a league below our 1's. Tavistock in your league, Si Fenwicks is creating quite a project there. They terorised the league below and look like they're doing the same to the league they're in now!

11. Parker72

Parker72 FHF Starter

Played Tavistock away and lost :-(

Shame that they have such an awful pitch though. They are unbeaten so far, but hopefully we can get the upper hand on the return game.

I have played many a game against PGSOB over the years, be it for Falmouth, Bodmin or Duchy...... Always tough games and from the outside a well run club :)

12. Tristan

I think there are many plans afoot with regards to their pitch. They've got a fair bit of funding behind them now and they've inherited quite a lot of kit from England Hockey. They've got a good spine of players but if you can hit them on the break down the flanks, that's where your goals will come against them. Careful of Fenwicks, he may be a bit older now but he's got pace and will go all game, mark him and Tom Honey out of the game and you should get a result.

I think our main problem is player intake. We've lost so many players to Universities over the years and we just haven't been able to replace them. We get the odd player come and play half a season for us after finishing at Plymouth Uni but they soon find jobs and disappear up country.

Don't think I've had the pleasure of playing Duchy yet. Played Bodmin a couple of times in my first season at PG's. Good luck with your season and work hard to get in those promotion spots so we can play each other next season, never met an FHFer in the real world!

13. Parker72

Parker72 FHF Starter

We set up too defensively against Tavi, so wasn't able to play our usual game. We won't make that mistake when they visit us...

I think losing players to Uni is something all clubs suffer from. I know that St Austell's men's side folded as a result of that.

Good luck with the rest of your season, and hopefully we will get promoted and can enjoy a beer after our games.... :)