Which gear? pelvic protection

Discussion in 'Goalie Zone' started by Kate williams, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Kate williams

Kate williams FHF Starter

Hey Guys
    This is one for the ladies (But men feel free to comment as all advice is always apricated)

I'm looking getting a new pelvic protector as I took a whack in the warm up today from my own player and needless to say it hurt a lot.

I wear Gryphon stripper shorts with a grays 200 pelvic protector. I have a belly as well which is going slowly but I don't know if that is pushing my protector down

What would everyone advise

2. sanabas

sanabas FHF All Time Great

The Robo is a long way ahead of anything else I've seen. Which includes gryphon, mazon, brabo, the other obo ranges.

Kate williams likes this.
  3. Stephen65

Stephen65 FHF Legend

I second the endorsement of the Obo Robo though obviously I've only worn the male version.

Its worth getting a really good protector and they aren't all that expensive compared with some other pieces of kit.

4. Badger666

Badger666 FHF Top Player

I'll third the OBO Robo guard, but again I'm a guy so can't say for the ladies version, but I'd guess it holds up the same protection. It's been proven nearly every week since I've got it and it's definitely a bit of kit for both for the best you can get.

5. LuluGoalie

LuluGoalie FHF Top Player

As a female, I 100% can back the robo, I've had pc hits straight onto it while logging and all you feel is just a thump! I'm not sure how wide the grays ones are but the robo might be a bit wider and feel a bit weird at first, but like all kit it wears in after a few uses

6. Hellsbells

Hellsbells FHF All Time Great

I use a Gryphon one.....I find the Robo very bulky.

7. Kate williams

The grays one is pretty narrow but has no waistband, im worried about the waistband not fitting as i have tummy

8. Kate williams

how do they fit with shorts? or do you all use robo shorts?

9. sanabas

sanabas FHF All Time Great

They'll fit fine with whatever shorts you have.

10. Hellsbells

Hellsbells FHF All Time Great

I had a Robo one, and it fitted fine with my Gryphon shorts. Just didn't like it so went back to my Gryphon one. Both have adjustable thick elastic waist bands.

11. asahartz

asahartz FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Slazenger SZR Aero 160
    I use a TK protector. Despite stopping shots full-on from point-blank range with it, I've never been hurt, so it's done its job more than adequately.

12. Badger666

Badger666 FHF Top Player

Mine fits with TK stripper shorts fine.

13. ScottyDeewizle

ScottyDeewizle FHF Newbie

I have started keeping this year. 2 weeks ago I copped a blast in the left nut at training. Wasnt that impressed.

I went down and grabbed a couple of Grays stick from a mate who works for them for a bloke on my team. Handed them over, 20 minutes later he cannons a shot into my left nut from around 1.5m away. I can testify that the Powerbow 11000 hits a mean ball. I was writhing in pain, dry wretching, it was like a scene from Game of Thrones. I went straight down this morning and got the Obo Robo to replace the Obo Cloud I was wearing. My initial impression is that they are miles apart, like not even in the same ball park (excuse the pun!). Unsure if the female robo has the double cup, but the entire protection area from the cloud is bigger (wider) and the double cup appears to offer a ton more protection. Wearing them one after another this morning it was chalk and cheese. Just giving myself light taps with the cloud feels a little dicey, yet the robo I can give myself a fair wack without it appearing dangerous!

I feel a little stupid not doing this at the start of the season TBH.