Olympics 2012 PA Announcer/ Music

Discussion in 'Olympics 2012' started by Jacob0507, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Jacob0507

Jacob0507 FHF Top Player

Just watching the NZ GER game now and Barry Davies is moaning about the Pa system being used to rev up the crowd and music being played mid game. I don't really have any problem with it and think it can improve the atmosphere in some of the flatter games.

Was wondering what others thought about it?

2. Tongo

Tongo FHF Regular Player

Well his commentary certainly doesnt liven it up! I was at the Argentina-Spain game the other night which was played at the same time as the NZ-Germany game, i.e. after the GB match and the stadium was at best half full and there was a sense of 'after the lord mayor's show' about the game so fair play to the PA bloke for attempting to inject some life into the crowd.

3. SeaBee

SeaBee FHF Regular Player

Quite a few GB fans left after their games in some respects understandably because unless you lived in London you would not get home at a reasonable time on a school night. I stayed 3 times (and enjoyed the games) and did not get home until 2am and i only live 50 miles North of London! We took some kids to some of the other games and they liked the music.

4. Tongo

Tongo FHF Regular Player

I stayed to watch the 2nd match cos it was the Olympics! Probably never going to return to these shores in my life time. Didnt want to get 6 months down the line and wish i stayed for the whole thing. I was knackered for a day or two afterward, as i didnt get home until 1.45am, but it was well worth it.

5. Hacker

Hacker FHF Legend

01:45; that's not early! We went to the evening session in week 1, first available train back was 01:30 am got back to Chesterfield at 02:35 and arrived home at 03:00. Dog decided she wanted food at 7 am, took me all day to recover!

6. do-man

do-man FHF Newbie

Hey guys, any idea what the song is at 0:38:39? cant find it anywhere

7. Lawpf2001

Lawpf2001 FHF Starter

Think it might be from this

Or at least I always thought they sounded similar.

8. do-man

do-man FHF Newbie

yep thats the one.:) thanks, not sure if i prefer it with lyrics or not