Which gear? OBO Hi-Rebound LHP

Discussion in 'Goalie Zone' started by The Fab Goalie, Aug 7, 2017.

1. The Fab Goalie

The Fab Goalie FHF Starter

So, I recently ordered my own goalie kit at last (yay!), but I've come across a slight issue with the HR LHP, and I was wondering if anyone else has had this too.

So I've found that the foam separating the thumb and index finger on the inside seems to go too far outwards/towards the wrist for me, so that it feels like the rest of my fingers aren't properly inside the finger holes. My old Yahoo protectors didn't have foam between the thumb and forefinger, so maybe it's a just a question of getting used to it, but the glove feels like it's a little precarious, and it wouldn't take too much to make it fall off. I've tried tightening the wrist strap to make it more secure, but it's also a comfort thing. Anyone else had this problem? And if so, how have you solved it? Considering taking a knife to the foam and cutting some of it off, but I'd like to know your solutions.

(To the mods: not sure if this is the right place for this topic? It's not so much 'Which gear?' as opposed to 'modifying gear'... If it's in the wrong place, feel free to move it to the right one! :) )

2. sanabas

sanabas FHF All Time Great

Have never had an issue with it. I don't like the yahoo LHP because it doesn't have that, because it's held on by being jammed on the back of my hand.

The finger guides + wrist piece are attached by velcro rather than glue on the newer LHPs, so taking it out and trimming it should be pretty simple, and should work well. Only potential unintended consequence I can think of is if your hand goes further into the LHP, there's more chance of the end of it interfering with your arm protection.

3. The Fab Goalie

The Fab Goalie FHF Starter

Yeah, I was never a fan of the Yahoo one either because of it, but this feels odd too, because the foam separating the fingers doesn't reach the join between fingers on my hand, but the thumb divisor does. i don't think it's too much that I need to remove, really, but that's a good point about it interfering with my arm protection, and one I hadn't thought about. May have to take a leaf out of your book and do some measuring!;)

4. Inselaffen

Inselaffen FHF All Time Great

Try tape around the hp to make it fit tighter

5. simpo

simpo FHF Newbie

I also bought the Obo HR LHP and also felt that it could easily fly off, so I bought a baseball batting glove which had a lot of grip. Now the LHP feels snug and secure

6. Inselaffen

Inselaffen FHF All Time Great

i wear a golf glove inside mine. really helps

7. Stephen65

Stephen65 FHF Legend

You can also try cricket inner gloves or fingerless rugby mits. I wear the latter at the moment.