Midlands Leagues

Discussion in 'England Hockey' started by ted16, Jul 2, 2015.

1. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

...and 10 others! ;)

It's probably about time I point out our coach travels up from Leicester to Derby? @sord89 ...but I've heard their M1s keeper is a right arse!

2. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

Just chased the Derbyshire clubs for the open-league vote that ends on the 31st January.

For those at other clubs, please remember that no vote is a "NO" vote - So if you're wanting an open league your club needs to remember to vote!

Ravennghorde and Elliot like this.
  3. sord89

sord89 FHF Star Player

Ha, thanks all. I'll have a look at them all. I have no idea about hockey clubs below national league based above Northampton so this is giving me somewhere to start which is helpful! (Open league is good down here in the south)

4. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

http://www.mrha.co.uk/tcclubmap.asp gives you a list of clubs by county. Few old clubs no longer in existence or have moved to another league but primarily it'll give you a good idea of who is where.

5. sord89

sord89 FHF Star Player

Ah cheers, I'll take a look. Also good to hear the clubs that spring to mind by the people who are in the area. I know a few clubs down here I wouldn't recommend. I wouldn't publicly have a go but I wouldn't recommend them - I'm sure those sort of clubs can be found everywhere.

I may even see you at Derby at some point! I think I know your coach, he was messaging me a few weeks ago about the best video analysis software to use and what I currently use so I hope he is making use of it for you ;)

6. dhiggins

dhiggins FHF Legend

Stick/s:
    Grays SW13
    Just so you know, I was having a joke about West Bridgford - they're getting smashed in our league. Probably the best hockey on offer (apart from Beeston and Nottingham Uni) in Nottingham is Boots I'd say. Nearby, without a doubt is Belper, in Derby, they play some really good stuff and are currently sitting top in the Mids Prem, along with a clubhouse pitchside and a v nice pitch.

7. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

When did Belper move 20 minutes drive south to be in Derby? ;) Agree with the rest of what you said though. New clubhouse being built in fact!

G likes this.
  8. Gingerbread

Gingerbread FHF All Time Great

Only umpired Belper once at home for the vets but they were a great bunch of guys, treat you well at the club house, just needs tap beer to be complete tbh (but then so do Leek and I love their place)

9. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

Our last (sadly) mixed Plate match in Derby last season included a trip to The Abbey (Sam Smiths pub) and pizza outside in the park! I believe our opposition from the Wirral were rather impressed by our random hospitality...as our usual pub couldn't host us!:cool: