Which gear? Mercian Durability

Discussion in 'Goalie Zone' started by F1-mania, Aug 17, 2017.

1. AndyGaut

AndyGaut FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    TK GK 1.1, OBO Fatboy, Malik Black Magic
    @Meteor, excellent thank you. May give this a go myself!

2. Inselaffen

Inselaffen FHF All Time Great

used to do this when foam kit first came out

3. Babybel89

Babybel89 FHF Starter

The problem I've had with the Monarch is that certain areas of foam have physically detached from the main, so I'm currently using a lot of tape to hold them all together and trying not to break a toe in the process!! Unfortunately the company in Woking I'm buying the Mercian kit from don't seem to know when the kit will be in stock, I just keep getting told 'start of next week' or 'end of this week', but anyway I think that's for another thread! The Monarch may have to last me 4 seasons...

4. Simon_GK_Mason

Simon_GK_Mason FHF Legend

Hi @Babybel89 if you are waiting for large Pro kit, it is being collected from the factory tomorrow and I will get in touch with The Hockey Centre in Woking and ask them to accelerate the despatch for you.

5. Babybel89

Babybel89 FHF Starter

@Simon_GK_Mason Yes that's the one! Thanks, much appreciated. Will feedback/review in due course.

6. Babybel89

Babybel89 FHF Starter

This seemed the best place to post this, I used the new Mercian Evo Pro it for the first time at training on Tuesday night. I was wary of putting the leg guards on in such a way that they initially sat in front of your leg, so as to allow the bottom strap to line up with the indents in the kicker 'tongue'. However, regardless of how I seem to put the leg guard on and how tight/loose I do the strap it doesn't hold in place. So the bottom strap pop ups above the kicker 'tongue' and pulls the RHS of the kicker tongue out from the kicker itself, therefore loosening the fit of the kicker and leg guards.
    It's only one session so it might take some bedding in but thought I would ask the question now just in case I'm doing something wrong.
    @F1-mania Did you have the same problem?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    PS. First impressions of the kit are very good, love how it looks and it feels great (before the above happens!).

7. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

I had the same issue while I was trying them out. Unfortunately I had a sizing issue (the LGs were humungous on me despite being 6'1, and the top strap rode up above my knee rendering them useless) so I had to send them back. I was also wondering about this though - going through all the pictures online of Tommy Alexander the tongue stayed in the kicker, while it popped out after seconds for me. Not really sure how to solve that unfortunately.

8. Babybel89

Babybel89 FHF Starter

I'm the same height as you but haven't experienced that top strap problem. That's a shame though. The inner part of the kicker tongue seems to stay inside the kicker, but the strap pops out, whereas the outer part of the tongue comes out the kicker but the strap stays in! I've tried putting them on further and further forward to line up the strap with the tongue. The inner part of the tongue seems to need to be further upwards and the outer further downwards (or I'm wearing the leg guards wonky!!!)
    It has improved on the second session, still not comfortable enough to use in a match but much better. So I think it might just be a case of it taking time to adapt to the leg guards and kickers.
    Thanks for getting back to me.