Drills Lets get Started!

Discussion in 'Goalie Zone' started by AndyGaut, Nov 22, 2007.

1. AndyGaut

AndyGaut FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    TK GK 1.1, OBO Fatboy, Malik Black Magic
    Time to start this for real now guys I would like to try and make a start soon with what ever we can find and write within 6 months!

Who's In?

Gather you session plans find those books and get those pro's (Camel and all you others playing high level) we need YOU!

2. NicfromSweden

NicfromSweden FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

okay im in i will write it in word to minimize spelling errors etc but i would nead someone to read it when im done
    how long does every part have to be?
    should i be discussing indoor in general or different drills? should the drills only be for gks or the whole team? or is it up to me what i want to write about?

3. hot shot viks

hot shot viks FHF Legend

Ill be up for writing something!

I think forst of all we need a list of what we are going to write about eg:

Basics
    kicking
    diving
    awareness ect

Indoor

drills

kit care
    how to look after kit
    new kit
    etc.

I think once we have a list of what we want to write about, we can see what people want to write about/assign people to a topic!

what do you guys think?

viks

4. NicfromSweden

NicfromSweden FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

i have made 3 drills that could be in the indoor section
    these are not gk specific drills but they are good indoor drills wich can be good for keepers as well

1 one is a warm up drill

A start with the ball (green lines) and pass it to B who then pass it to C. A run (pink lines) to the p spot to recive the pass and pass it to C who have runned to get closer to the cirkle and who shoots
    [​IMG]

B runs to the cone (red cirkle) to recive pass from A who runs towards the cirkle and get the ball back from B then A either shoot or pass it to player C who have runned from the corner towards the post to make a deflection
    [​IMG]

last drill for tonight is a bit complicated and the rotation is supposed to mess up the other teams defence
    A pass the ball to B, B pass to C then C transport the ball towards B and at the same time D runs toward Cs old position and recive the pass back from C then D can shoot or pass it back to C who have runned to the top of the cirkle and shoots
    [​IMG]

in all drills you follow the ball so A>B>C>D and from D and from D back to A

these are made by me tonight and might contrain errors and things that are unclear
    if there is something wrong or something you dont understand tell me and i will correct it

things the keeper have to think about is that in the second drill you have to cover both the deflection and a shoot concentraate first on the shoot and if you see that the pleyer pass to the player by the post cover the post
    in the last drill you have to cover the post and then try to cover the pass back to the top of the D

5. AndyGaut

Stick/s:
    nice nic!

I think kit care is covered with the stuff that animals done!

6. AndyGaut

Stick/s:
    Hey all I'm coming up with a design of the page to give it a more professional look in a PDF (my job's doing training on it might aswell use the tools)

Will put on here today maybe tonight!

7. The.Rampage.Rado

The.Rampage.Rado FHF All Time Great

What's going on here?! Is there gonna be manual or not?! :baffled: ???

8. Duco

Duco FHF Regular Player

9. AndyGaut

Stick/s:
    well yes but we need to figure out who's doing what!
    I'll do the design i think doctor was gonna edit animal already has his stuff written up for his customers

10. The.Rampage.Rado

The.Rampage.Rado FHF All Time Great

You're talking about something like Simon Mason's workshop or what?!
    I'll be glad to be able to translate it in Bulgarian once it's done...

11. Folmer

Folmer FHF All Time Great

Definately willing to help. There's some stuff on my site already , ready to use.
    Also starting 15th of may I'm going to follow a GK-coach/trainer course. I'll be getting a lot of info and material there. It will need to be translated though.

Just l me know what still needs to be done and I'll see what I can do.

12. Choatey

Choatey FHF Newbie

It might be more effective to define the scope of the topics first (ie contents page). This way it makes it a lot easier to divide among those writing and a section can be done independantly of others. As section are completed they can be 'crossed off' the list.

A good start is in the Topics thread, but something that is complete would be ideal.

Having just written a final year engineering thesis, this proved an effective method to outline what work is to be done.

13. Paragon

Paragon FHF Newbie

Okey so it seems there's some overview needed. I guess it should cover this.

introduction: why do we write this(i know there are already a lot of documents but they are mostly based on more old styles of Goalkeeping).

Basic Positioning( shoulders above your knee's hands in front of you and on the balls of your foot).
    Basic kicking,
    How to aproach a ball generally when stopping it: i mean like moving forward instead of to sides
    Keeping with your stick and gloves: look the ball in to stick and step forward with right leg.
    Diving i'm not sure if you should train this. Some goalie's lack any talent in this at all and will never learn it. Should be there instinctively i guess. But maybe with enough drilling you can teach it anyone.

Drills and then paragraphs containing the drills beloning to the different aspects mentioned above?

Equipment and the maintenance of the Equipment: maybe a good overvieuw of the advantages and disadvantages of the different brands. And of course stuff that really shouldn't be done.

Mental tips: such as empty your head and just focus on the ball, never doubt and some other stuff like that.
    There also should be a lot of graphics. clear pictures with a good explanation to the key points in stance and so on.

If we manage to cover all this i think the manual will be pretty good.
    If you guys agree with this then you can start dividing who will write what parts.

14. mxgeldar

mxgeldar FHF Newbie

Is there a source of GK information that I could look at ?

I played in goal about 25 years ago on grass and the game is totally different on astro. I also think the new kit, whilst lighter and easier to wear, makes the whole experience totally different to what I expected.

Any advice appreciated

15. hockeynut24

hockeynut24 FHF Newbie

Hi,

I am a field player with my local hockey club. I played a semi-goalie role in my interschool league. I really want to become a proper goalie. My team already has a goalie so i can't borrow pads and I don't have enough money to afford my own. How can i train to impress my coach for next season?

16. AaronB

AaronB FHF Newbie

If you have a look at this app: The Hockey Coaching Guide: Goalkeeping It should give you the perfect break down to work on to improve and become the best Goalkeeper you can be. I hope this helps