Leinster Div 1 Upcoming Season

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Marsh17, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Marsh17

Marsh17 FHF Newbie

Any predictions on the upcoming season in the Leinster League? Player movements also? I know of P.Maguire leaving for Leuven and read on the blog that Mike Watt is Belgian bound as well. To which club?

Anyone know of any players coming into the league?

2. Grumpy

Grumpy FHF Legend

I heard Steven Butler is Belgian bound again. About 4 players have Left TRR, Avoca a few foreign players in. Thats about it so far. Early days yet.

3. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

I actually saw Butler in the Cinema yesterday. Watching bruno the dirty **** ;)
    I've heard he's meant to be going to belgium too. Remains to be seen how well he can do. He's a big loss for Glens Though.
    My prediction for the season would probably be:
    1. Pembroke
    2. Glens
    3. TRR
    4. Monkstown
    5. Corinthians/YMCA
    6. Corinthians/YMCA
    7. Fingal (would be lower if they didn't have that sickening home advantage)
    8. Railway
    9. Clontarf/UCD
    10. Clontarf/UCD

Reckon YM could have a decent season ahead. I'm hoping that they can get IHL qualification for 2010/2011. Can't really go on beyond a pembroke win. They're just too good compared to the other teams. Glens and TRR will be close, though if TRR start dropping silly points again at the end of the season then Glenanne will get second.
    Monkstown might have an improvement on last season. They have a good team, and I reckon that Fitz is among the best keepers that leinster has to offer behind Walker and Harte. Possibably on a level with Ross Murray if not better. They also have Watkins and Stephen Cole, one of which is already great, and the other one not quite at the international level yet, but with a huge way still to go.
    Clontarf to go straight back down in my opinion. It shows the Huge gap between Division 1 and Division 2. You just had to see the playoff game between UCD and Bray last season to think that this won't go too well for them, though they went undefeated last season. I do want them to beat Railway and send them down instead though ;)

4. Marsh17

Marsh17 FHF Newbie

Sounds as tho the money on offer in Belgium is too hard to knock back. Phelie already signed at Leuven, then ive heard on a couple of forums and websites of Butler, Watt and Darling also maybe heading over there.

Would be good to see fresh teams at the top of the league, or at least challenging for higher honours.

5. nathan06

nathan06 FHF Regular Player

michael watt is playing for a team called belgian dragons next season. rumour has it he could be joined by ulster's geoff mccabe and eugene magee too.

6. Monkstown Man

Monkstown Man FHF Newbie

rovers have lost Mitch to Leuven, Andy Mcconnell gone to Pembroke.