Ireland Veterans Hockey

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Ireland40Vets, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Ireland40Vets

Ireland40Vets FHF Starter

If anyone is interested in putting their name forward for the Ireland 0ver 40 Veterans squad can you please let me know? I have recently emailed details to the various provinces and they are being circulated by them at the moment.

Ireland Veterans have received an invitation to the International Masters Hockey Tournament in Hong Kong in October 2009 and I am currently looking for players who are willing to put their name forward for consideration.

Hope to hear from you.

2. johncoxon

johncoxon FHF Legend

think we need to know which ireland. know the "Southern" Ireland Vets but you are , I think from Belfast. so which side of the border do you need players from ? !!!

3. Ireland40Vets

Where they come from isn't important John - getting enough players to put their names forward has proved to be more of a challenge than I anticipated. I have directly emailed every club in Ireland with the details, forwarded the information to each of the provincial organisations for their websites, did the same with the IHA and had the details posted on both the Leinster and Munster blog sites.

Number of responses from the South (32 clubs) - two people threw their hats in the ring

The bulk of the squads which have competed in the Home Nations events in the last ten years have come from the Ulster Branch. Again, most of the people who have expressed an interest in this trip are from Ulster clubs. Without a veterans structure of any kind in Ireland it is always going to be a struggle to get a team to attend events like this.

4. Ireland40Vets

Having said that - if there is anyone you know who might be interested get them to get in touch with me and I will go through the details with them - I know there are folks out there who won't be on my radar at the moment...

5. johncoxon

johncoxon FHF Legend

Sorry - wasn't being funny. i was in Dublin a while back for the Four Nations Vets Cup.

6. Ireland40Vets

I remember - I played in that tournament - have played in nearly all of them since 1999 in Basingstoke.

7. Ireland40Vets

Update - it is looking extremely likely that an Ireland over 40 team will be going to Hong Kong - we have a squad session planned for mid March and all looks good so far.

8. vet-er-aan.nl

vet-er-aan.nl FHF Newbie

9. Ireland40Vets

Ireland mens over 40s will be sending a team to the tournament in Hong Kong in October 2009. If anyone else is interested in putting their name forward please email me as soon as possible to sam.ireland@btinternet.com

A squad session is planned at Lisnagarvey in two or three weeks time

10. Feral

Feral FHF Regular Player

11. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

Could we disguise myself as a 40 year old?

12. Ireland40Vets

Hi F1

We had two games in Dublin this weekend at Suttonians HC to try to get some more Leinster based players to throw their names into the mix. What age are you?

13. baratt

baratt FHF Newbie

Veterans International Tournament in Spain

Hi Ireland Vets,

Just a couple of lines to let you know us.
    Club Deportivo Open is a hockey club located in Ourense, Galicia (northwest of Spain) organizes every september an International Veterans Open Tournament.

The year we host 10 teams coming from Spain,Portugal, Holland, Germany and England.

We woulr like to kindly invite you to come next year.
    Look here:

http://www.openourense.com/default-eng.html click on "Veterans Open"

Regards

Roberto Baratta Martínez
    CLUB DEPORTIVO OPEN

Tfno: +34 (619) 37 19 56
    E-mail: info@openourense.com

http://www.openourense.com

14. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

Haha, gonna have serious trouble trying to get me on any kind of veterans team, I'm just turning on 16 mate.

15. Ireland40Vets

You have a couple of years to go...... lol

Squad leaves in three weeks time for the tournament in Hong Kong. Should be a great trip.