Injury/Blood rule substitution @ defensive short corner

Discussion in 'Game Management & Communication' started by nomad1, Feb 24, 2009.

1. dunnerump92

dunnerump92 FHF Newbie

in outdoor we can use 4 or 5 in the goal, whichever the defending team sees to their advantage. if they want to replace the bloodied up player with someone else i say go ahead.

2. keely

keely FHF Legend

As per the rule, they can certainly replace the injured player with a teammate at the centre line, but over all they must play short until the PC is over and cannot bring on someone from the bench.

3. Bertybob

Bertybob FHF Top Player

As Keely says pull one from the half way line, full compliment of 5 on the line.

The PC is over once the ball gets 5 meters from the D, so have your sub ready and waiting to come on at the halfway if there is a break out by the defending team.

Any disadvantage is marginal.

4. dunnerump92

dunnerump92 FHF Newbie

:rolleyes: pc is also over if the umpire begins to play advantage and lets play go on for an unintentional offence in or outside the circle or if the ball exits the circle twice....as well as the going 5m out.

5. sanabas

sanabas FHF All Time Great

We just had this happen in our indoor grand final this arvo. Ump noticed our fullback had a bleeding knuckle at a defensive short, and allowed us to sub someone on. While I reckon it's a sensible call for indoor, when there's nobody at halfway that can move to the goals, it was definitely an incorrect one.

6. freebird

freebird FHF All Time Great

We had this yesterday...One of our defenders had cuts on his arms and knees.

Short corner, although the Ump didn't notice it, so I just called a sub to get warmed up, and we made the sub after.