Indoor T'ment

Discussion in 'Sliema Hotsticks' started by Smithy, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Smithy

Smithy FHF Newbie

Hi Guys!

Been a while since we used this forum and I thought it might be a good idea to make use of it again to discuss what went well and what can be improved in our Gabrovo experience. You can express yourself both with regards to team and personal performances (Obviously... be critical but positively constructive)

I think this t'ment was a great experience for all of us. It is always good to play against different opposition as it gives new motivation and opens us to new and different styles of play.

I believe we performed well and am still convinced we would have won our last 2 games too were it not for the injuries of Liam and Luke. Performance against Turkey was exceptional with regards to work rate, fighting spirit and and also technique.

Where I think we need to improve:

- Speed of passing and ball pace
    - belief in our teammates
    - more patience in play - we don't have to score within the first action in which we have control of the ball but we should move it around more
    - teamwork and support - offering options for passes through more running
    - concentration
    - More character when a goal is conceded - we let our heads and morale drop way too easily

On a personal level I think I need to improve consistency as I altered very good performances to other less impressive ones. I'm particularly disappointed with my second half performance against Sagene in which I left my lapse in concentration during their first goal affect negatively my performance. In reality I was too tired at that point of the t'ment and should have known better to try and leave play as simple as possible instead of trying to overdo it.

I look forward to hear what all of you guys think about it :)

Three cheers to all!

Michael

2. NicfromSweden

NicfromSweden FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

personaly i am very proud of your team and im not even from Malta
    because i know where you train and i know you dont got the same kind of gymnasiums that i belive all other nations got so its a big effort to win a game the first time you play in the european club championship most of the clubs in your division have played indoor for years

i hope malta will keep playing indoor and send indoor teams to the european championship

3. Smithy

Smithy FHF Newbie

Thanks for the support Nic!
    You are right...We actually managed to put together some very good performances and were it not for our inexperience at playing indoor at such a level and on parquet flooring we would have probably done considerably better... As you saw during your stay in Malta, you can hardly call our pitch an indoor pitch lol
    I saw that the Swedish team got promoted... well done!!

4. NicfromSweden

FHF Moderator

haha yeah i know i think we would have extreme problems if we tryed to play on it so a tip dont try to host the indoor european championship just yet ;) :p :)

yeah we did we didnt think we would because we were not very prepared and we did not travel with 12 players but with some teamwork we did :D

5. Smithy

Smithy FHF Newbie

we'll make sure to hire a different location if we do decide to host it one day ;)
    Well done to you and your team mate... from what I see you basically had a perfect t'ment. Good luck for next year too... Going up a division is quite hard if you're not prepared for it.

6. NicfromSweden

FHF Moderator

thank you
    yes but even if we hadnt prepared well the players were prepared i mean even if we are a young team many of the players have played for many years so we are starting to get som experiance i think we have started to mature in some ways
    when i visited malta i think i was 16 and many other other guys were young too today we still got the same team so hopefully we got something for the future

7. Leli

Leli FHF Newbie

Mike

You mentioned most of the issues which need to be addressed. However, what I treasure most from this trip is that I saw my guys enjoying it to the full like never before. It was an extremely motivational experience which will hopefuly give the desired benefits to the entire club. All players, including myself, were entusiastically sharing the moments with the other club members at the National Hockey Centre.

Facing different opponents will certainly help the team mature as a whole and show each one of us how much there is still to learn.

From our mistakes I am pretty sure that our placing in next year's participation will improve.

Leli

8. The.Rampage.Rado

The.Rampage.Rado FHF All Time Great

Guys do you have more of the matches you played in Gabrovo?! Can you send me some links with a permission to place the files at my site?!

Btw you can find your last game in the tournament there - www.rampagehockey.hit.bg/video_bul.html

9. Smithy

Smithy FHF Newbie

Hey... Thanks for that mate! Pity it was my worst game in the tournament lol
    We have videod some more games but not sure if they are available on the net. I'll let you know.
    Cheers!

10. lilly

lilly FHF Newbie

Hi Guys!

I have all the games that we played but it's on dvd. What can I do is send it by post so If you give me your addresse I will send it to you.

Lilly

11. The.Rampage.Rado

The.Rampage.Rado FHF All Time Great

I have only ICQ and skype, if you wish you can find me there...

The other thing i can figure out is if you're familiar with torrents or ftp. Either you put somewhere a torrent with the files or I'll make you an account at my FTP server so you can upload them here.. If you wish I can explain you in detail how to do one of those things...

12. davey

davey FHF Reserve Player

it was i nice game that you guys played against us (Sagene) in Gabrovo.

its sad that you wont join us in Turkey. Or is it a possibility that you do.
    what were your experience of the whole tournament in Gabrovo?