Indoor Indoor sliding covers

Discussion in 'Goalie Zone' started by LuluGoalie, Sep 8, 2014.

1. LuluGoalie

LuluGoalie FHF Top Player

I've seen them quite a few times, and I'm considering getting a pair, but I've only ever seen them on OBO robo HR pads, and they fit well on them. This begs the question, do they still fit the same on the more rounded pads like the Cloud pads?

2. LuluGoalie

And also, where could I get some really cool ones (I live in Australia) that would fit the Cloud range?

3. Folmer

Folmer FHF All Time Great

Easiest way: make a pair yourself! It's far cheaper than you can buy in shops, plus you can design you own cool prints.
    Search the forum for some tips and tricks as it's been discussed quite a number of times before. (search for "indoor pad cover" or any combination of these)
    Also you can run this document through translate to get a how-to.

4. Euphy

Euphy FHF Top Player

The OBO pad covers fit yahoo and cloud pads as well. The last time I checked you could get them in grey, yellow or fluoro pink.

It depends on how much you can buy them for near you. My OBO covers cost $60 - knowing the price of fabric around here by the time I would have bought the fabric, elastic and toggles I think it would have come to at least the same as buying them, probably more.

5. RushMan

RushMan FHF All Time Great

Which part of Aus?

6. Folmer

Folmer FHF All Time Great

Last year I did a quick search for what the material costs are for a set of LG covers and it added up to about €18, i.e. less than half of what for example Verbunt Hockey charges. Guestimate about half an hour of sewing and you're done.

Or take the the easy option of a pillow case. You can either just put it around your legguard and cut some holes in them for the straps (cheapest, easiest and quickest option) or sew a channel arount the edges and feed a string through it which can be used to tighten the fabric.

7. LuluGoalie