Indoor Season

Discussion in 'General Hockey Chit-Chat' started by FatForward, Dec 10, 2017.

1. FatForward

FatForward FHF Top Player

Is anyone going to Bromsgrove next weekend to watch indoor? How big is the viewing area there - has anyone been in the past?

2. redumpire

redumpire FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

Yes, I'll be there. There's plenty of viewing space.

3. FatForward

Day 1 - absolutely brilliant. Great view some very good match ups. A first half implosion by my team rescued in the final seconds. Lots of spaces in the seating which is a shame given the quality of the hockey. If you have nothing to do today then head up/down to Bromsgrove.

4. Theory

Theory FHF Legend

Stick/s:
    Magnum Lolly
  5. Martindk

Martindk FHF Top Player

Online video ?

6. FatForward

3-3 and we was robbed !! Should have had a short in the last few seconds......or something like that. It's tough umpiring this game I can tell you.

7. FatForward

I only just figured out how to create a thread.

8. Theory

Theory FHF Legend

Stick/s:
    Magnum Lolly
    The table is looking interesting at the halfway stage.

Grinstead ladies are smashing it. Goes to show that drafting in a couple of uber pros is never a bad idea.

Slough, who won it last year, are in 4th. Level on points with the two teams below them.

Grinstead chaps are down in 5th, which is surprising given they're one of the few teams with access to proper indoor facilities - when was the last time they didn't qualify for the finals? They've thrown away a couple of good leads so far.

Surbiton doing well with three wins.

Team Bath are top with four wins. I can't say I've ever noticed them before.

[​IMG]

9. FatForward

They played really well, 14 players, regular rotations, good indoor skills, they looked fresh still at the end of the weekend - impressed.....all except the lurid green kit....nonetheless their hockey was good.

10. redumpire

FHF Moderator

12 players, unless the TD messed up really badly.

I’m pretty sure he didn’t! ;)

SPactionimages and masonsm215 like this.
  11. FatForward

Is it too late to lodge a protest......

redumpire likes this.
  12. FatForward

I think I looked at the programme on the first morning and thought crikey everyone has a much bigger squad than Holcombe and counted up the EG squad (in the box to the left) and saw they had 14 names. Had that in my head the rest of the weekend. I have no doubt the right players took part there were plenty of TDs in attendance it was very well run I thought.
    I did notice the programme is incorrect for the fixtures on Sunday 7th Jan, I'm sure that has been picked up and will be rectified. Didn't affect this weekend.

13. Rich_C

Rich_C FHF Star Player

Programme is done by England Hockey.

14. redumpire

FHF Moderator

@FatForward, squads of 14 are allowed for the weekend, but only 12 players are allowed per game. Teams can nominate the 12 from their 14 on a game-by-game basis. In addition teams nominate their 14 per weekend. Their squad for the second weekend - 6/7 Jan - could, in theory, be entirely different from the 14 that they picked for the weekend just gone. This means that teams will often provide more than 14 names to EH and these are what appear in the programme. (And yes, they are aware that the programmes need re-printing for the next weekend!)

Thanks for your kind comments about the running of the event. There was only one TD at the weekend - me! The other, very hard-working, officials were either TOs (technical officers) or judges. One TO and two judges are appointed per game. The TO manages the benches, substitutions, timing of cards etc etc.; one judge looks after the clock; the other manages the on-line match report form. The TD is in overall control. Thanks to the hard work of the team and the generally very good behaviour of the players I had very little to do over the weekend.

masonsm215 likes this.
  15. FatForward

I've always felt that the fact that players and umpires can have a healthy debate after a game about decisions taken during it always sets this sport above many others. It always pays to look at a situation through another lens before drawing a conclusion.

16. redumpire

FHF Moderator

I agree. It's always good to see a decent debate after a game; and it's great that people on both sides of a debate are (generally speaking) very happy to 'back down' when they're obviously in the wrong about an incident. It was good to see groups of people huddled over laptops and reviewing incidents together during the weekend. All parties learn from those sorts of discussion.

I'm just disappointed that I won't be there on 6/7 Jan...

17. Theory

Theory FHF Legend

Stick/s:
    Magnum Lolly
    Anyone been to the matches this weekend? The Altiurst site is being flakey, so following the scores has been rather difficult!

Team Bath are currently in 4th. They'll be very unfortunate not to make the finals.

18. Hockeyfan95

Hockeyfan95 FHF Newbie

These are the final standings I think

Attached Files:

19. redumpire

FHF Moderator

They are.

Hockeyfan95 likes this.