Indoor Indoor pads

Discussion in 'Goalie Zone' started by Galvster7, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Galvster7

Galvster7 FHF Top Player

So I play outdoor but have been selected for an indoor team. I have played indoor before so know about being like a defender and those things but what should i do to my pads to make it so they slide? One old coach of mine told me to put baby powder on it but im not sure what the best stuff to use is. Or pad covers and how I can make those. Any help would be great!

2. Galvster7

Galvster7 FHF Top Player

Is talcum powder good? How much should I put on or do I even need anything?

3. BB

BB FHF Top Player

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read somewhere that using talc on your pads is now banned? Pad covers are good, you can buy them or make your own out of pillowcases.

4. Galvster7

Galvster7 FHF Top Player

is it??? I think i might put some on and if they tell me i cant I will just wash it off

5. sanabas

sanabas FHF All Time Great

Can make pad covers out of a pair of pillowcases and some elastic. Assuming you can sew the elastic in.

Or just buy a pair.

Wouldn't know if putting powder on pads is banned, not something I've ever tried, nor seen anyone else try.

6. Galvster7

Galvster7 FHF Top Player

Ok thanks!

7. AndyGaut

AndyGaut FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    TK GK 1.1, OBO Fatboy, Malik Black Magic
    Most local comps have banned the use of talc as people was getting injuried slipping on excess talc

8. PRICEMUNDINHO

PRICEMUNDINHO FHF Star Player

Yeah the East have banned talc on pads and anything that would otherwise leave a black mark. Hairspray is still good to use though.

9. AndyGaut

Stick/s:
    Pad Covers are best if you need them (think I'm the only one in Div1 East Indoor that does)

PRICEMUNDINHO who do you play for again?

10. PRICEMUNDINHO

I play for Spalding. I have pad covers too though. You playing this weekend AndyGaut? Gonna try get across and watch if it is this weekend.

11. mattc16

mattc16 FHF Regular Player

I made mine out of pillowcases AndyGaut!! who do you play for?

12. PRICEMUNDINHO

I got mine from Verbunt Hockey with some nylon kicker straps. Al be it they are Verbunts own brand as i couldn't find any Large Brabo ones for the life of me.

13. PRICEMUNDINHO

mattc16 We did ok considering the step up. We just weren't as well drilled as some teams as we couldn't find anywhere to train. Saying that on the first day we didn't concede from open play or a straight drag. Defenders just weren't quite brave enough on defending the slips. We lost 6-4 to Cambs City who were really strong. Lost 5-2 to Havering who won the competition an beat Peterborough 6-4, after being 3-0 down at half time (Highlight of the Weekend, and we sussed out how to play!) and they were very strong. Then we beat Blueherts 8-4 on the Sunday but got demolished by IES 10-4 in the last when we were all knackered. My best 2 players weren't available due to work, one of them is a Lithuanian international which didn't help. Just a pants time of year for us really, had to take a couple of guys who hadn't played indoor before. We got lots of stupid cards and went down to 2 outfield players at one point.

Saying that i thoroughly enjoyed it, i wish we got to play more than one weekend a year!

14. AndyGaut

Stick/s:
    Not this weekend my days at a decent level are done. Back at my old club now for indoor, Thurrock.
    Played Spalding years ago when I was at Cambridge Nomads and City. I've played for so many indoor sides now I was an indoor whore. Thurrock chose not to enter the tournament as results mean we'll be playing in the lower leagues next year.

Really should invest in some proper Verbunt Hockey indoor pads