Indoor live team statistics sheet

Discussion in 'Indoor' started by The.Rampage.Rado, Feb 26, 2016.

1. The.Rampage.Rado

The.Rampage.Rado FHF All Time Great

Hello

I'm doing live statistics sheet for my team after I failed to find anything suitable for hockey and real time editing.

It's a simple spreadsheet with players as rows and certain stats as columns. Next to every value cell there's up/down button for real time adjustment.

I imaging it will be enough for two ass. coaches to work this thing - one narrating and one imputing the data.

After we have this spreadsheet we can do whatever we want with it - make match/tournaments/seasonal reports. And I even bet it will be helpful in determining what have to be done.

At the very start I would like to follow only 10 stats for field players and 10 stats for goalies.

As follows for field players:
    - successful pass
    - not successful pass
    - dribble more than 3 meters
    - successful tackle
    - fault
    - shooting in the goal from open play
    - shooting outside the goal from open play
    - open play goal scored
    - PC goal scored
    - PS goal scored

For GKs:
    - saved shot in goal on the ground
    - saved shot in goal off the ground
    - ball played in the D with stick or body
    - ball played in the D with foot (cleared ball)
    - faults
    - saved PC
    - goal scored against

What would you add/remove?! What will help you get better view of the players' performance when you look at the sheet?

I was thinking of the following for field players:
    - because I have only 10 options easily clickable in the center of the screen at the moment to remove "PS goal scored" out of this field and place it in column outside the visible field and use it's space for "assistance" column.
    - adding 'drilling' field in order to comment on this with players on game stops/game analysis. It's still happening very often here.
    - board plays - this will be my favorite field to add if I had to choose

Overall the GK items give me pretty much the picture because I have more experience in the D. Any hints that you would add here? I have 2 more columns....

2. Nij

Nij FHF All Time Great

For the field:
    1. Pass good
    2. Pass fail
    3. Tackle
    4. Dribble (more than X distance)
    5. Shot on target (any at all)
    6. Shot missing (any at all)
    7. Goal in open play
    8. Goal in PC
    9. Error or offence while team in possession (e.g. being tackled or obstructing)
    10. Error or offence while opponent in possession (e.g. missing tackle or hacking or foot)
    Anything to do with PS can be made as a comment separately. They're not common enough to be two or three clickers out of 20. Use a special comment area instead.
    Same for drilling. Just type an asterisk when it's penalised.

For the goalkeeper:
    1. Save with feet
    2. Save with stick or hand-protectors
    3. Save of any other kind
    4. Tackle or dispossession of any kind
    5. Clearance from the circle, of any kind, which isn't already counted
    6. Error which does not concede goal or PC or PS
    7. PC conceded
    8. Goal conceded in open play
    9. Goal conceded in PC
    Again, write up PS in a comment box.
    That gives you a spare place to add either 'Boards used to effect' or make 'Drilling' a clicker in addition to a comment box.

3. NicfromSweden

NicfromSweden FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

Duing the WC in Haag I had the pleasure to have access to the seating area only available to the officials and teams of the tournament. There I saw one of the Spanish assistant coaches using something similar on an Ipad. He had some options for each players (I think they had far less than 10 though) and the program also tracked the exact amount of minutes each player had spent on the field/bench. This coach had a headset and I imagine that he told someone on the bench when a player should be subbed etc.

4. The.Rampage.Rado

Any chance that you spotted the name of the software?! :D

Otherwise I was thinking for minutes also. I think it could be done with simple buttons also. I'll give it a try in my next version!

5. NicfromSweden

FHF Moderator

No Sorry!
    The seconds were ticking so no need of doing anything manually. all players on pitch were green and the rest were white or red I can not remember and I think each row representing a player with the name on the left had some buttons to press

6. The.Rampage.Rado

I'm thinking for exactly the same - green red button for onfield/offield

7. The.Rampage.Rado

I've done some beta testing this weekend and I think it worked as a charm.

Few ideas to make our job easier:
    - put the players in sequence with their position on the pitch starting with the defense, mids and forwards.
    - make the first two columns for passes and then distribute the rest as needed. I think I will count all executions and will sort my columns appropriately so to have less mouse movement.

I'll finish my beta sheet and will post it here for everybody interested to check out and use if you find it suitable/workable for your needs!

8. NicfromSweden

FHF Moderator

I would love to see it once it is done

9. Porter

Porter FHF Top Player

If it was the Spanish team it was more than likely NacSport - they certainly used to use this.
    http://www.nacsport.com/en/

NicfromSweden likes this.
  10. NicfromSweden

FHF Moderator

Good find! It is just too bad Nacsport is so expensive but I have heard it is one of the best if not the best sport analyzing program out there.
    I thought it was just for video analyzing but it might have other applications as well.

11. The.Rampage.Rado

Here's the beta version of my spreadsheet!

EN.0.5.jpg

It's still beta and I have few things in my to-do list but for that read along...

It's 100% unlocked so you can edit and personalize according to your needs! Totally free!

What you need:
    • laptop with spreadsheet editor compatible with .xslm files (tables with macros functionalities for the buttons)
    • mouse - for precise data input and speed
    • comfortable working place
    Using the spreadsheet then you can export reports for all your players and summarize the data the way you want. I'll upload a tournament report when I have it ready that includes player averages, etc. It will be used in conjunction with this format of the table.

Sheet description:

• row 1 - team, opponent, match info, etc.
    • rows 3-33, 36-39 - the workend of the sheet where you input your data as the game progresses...
    • column A - shirt number - large and bold for easy finding when searching for player, it also copies it's value to column X for easy usage of the table
    • column B - player names - again in large size and bolded for ease of use
    • column C - player's position - I recommend to place your defenders to the top and right next to each other - saves you a lot of mouse movement
    • columns D to W - they consist of 10 individual items we track as the game proceeds. The large button adds and the little one to the left of it removes 1 from the cell of that player. You can edit, add or delete headings as you wish. The column background colors are for ease of use as the row ones.
    !NOTICE! - the buttons work with macros, so you program could tell you it's not safe to work with this sheet - don't worry - the only macros included are for the button functionalities ;)
    • column Y - percentage of wrong passes (wrong passes/total passes in %)
    • column Z - percentage of successful plays (includes passes, tackles, offenses, shots on and off goal). This is subjective criteria I came with that seems (at least for me) to offer something like accurate performance sum of the player in the game. Generally if the team wins the stats here are 60-70-80% if some player have problems with passing or lots of errors in the midfield it drops to 40-50%.
    • column AA - PS goal - no buttons, just add the number of goals.

The idea is really basic but it can grow in something really valuable for lots of clubs to do their stats and is really customizable.
    It also can be used for statistics when watching records.

TO DO list:
    • time clock - global clock displaying the time, with start/stop/restart button.
    • time on-field for each player - clock displaying the time on-field for each player keeping in mind subs (with on-field/off-field button) and then calculating the value
    • print compatible sheet - so one can print the sheet in A4 and use it right away
    • tournament stats sheet - one that gathers the values from selected sheets and computes out values for various items
    • outdoor version - same thing but with more field players and different column headings

Attached Files:

Nij likes this.
  12. spinster

spinster FHF Starter

The majority of hockey teams use a program called Sportsocde Elite / Gamebreaker. The majority of coaches using an iPad to code/tag are using a program called iCoda. iCoda can be used as a standalone program or it's codes can be imported in real time into Sportscode Elite.

Rampage - If I can offer you some advice in terms of in game coding. Just look at Positive/Negative touches and the amount of involvements in the play. What difference does it make if GK has a certain type of save?

13. The.Rampage.Rado

What are their prices? Yes, Ipad app is more beautiful, probably have 10x functions and support but what's the price?

I used those 'codes' for our team because I help in GK coaching and it does make sense to me - like if we need to do more footwork because of risen balls, does the GK use the full size of the D or stays on the line (this having some saves but no 'plays' in the D). Hope this makes more sense.... It's the easiest thing to change your tracked item... I wanted to track this as part of mine testing.

I'm not reinventing the wheel, I'm no programmer or else - just sharing some stuff. If anybody finds it interesting to him/her - OK. I'll probably continue to use and adapt it for my needs until I see something that works better and don't cost 1000 Euro because I'm lazy and prefer things to have support and to be tested and working. :)

14. Mac

Mac FHF Legend

Stick/s:
    Ritual Velocity; Adidas HS1 XXtreme; Adidas TT10
    Rampage. Just quickly, were you uploading the English language version? I've Cyrillic characters all over the place on the version I've downloaded! ;)

15. The.Rampage.Rado

@Mac - yes, sorry my mistake!

I'm now attaching the English version.

Attached Files:

16. JE87

JE87 FHF Regular Player

Stick/s:
    Ritual - various to suit my coaching needs!
    Dartfish Easytag is free and easy for iPhone/iPad.

Gamebreaker/SportsCode Elite/iCoda is excellent but pricey - I find it value for money considering I use it 90% of the year!

17. Marqi - AR

Marqi - AR FHF Reserve Player

Wow, this is pretty good Rado!. Did you finish the version or added something new?. Can I see it? .

18. The.Rampage.Rado

I'll attach translated version of what I used this month but it's far from finished.

The only added things are one more column for one more stat, completed buttons for all players, team averages and per player stats sheets which can be printed and given away.