How's everyone's seasons going?

Discussion in 'Goalie Zone' started by broadstone, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Inselaffen

Inselaffen FHF All Time Great

but is the player looking there deliberately to send you the wrong way? when you start playing against higher level players even going the right way often doesn't help

2. asahartz

asahartz FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Slazenger SZR Aero 160
    That's true. There's a couple of guys in our 1sts who just move the ball so fast you have no chance even if you know where it's going.

3. TandersGK

TandersGK FHF Newbie

Most players that I play against don’t often practice flicks and probably won’t know
    And I usually do flicks against my sister and she hasn’t mastered doing a fake look

4. CrazyDoesntFeelPain

CrazyDoesntFeelPain FHF Reserve Player

I ignore the player and look at the angle of their stance and their stick. The flick taker on my team stands really casually spinning his stick like a tennis racket.,

5. AKenworthy

AKenworthy FHF Newbie

Which one?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. CrazyDoesntFeelPain

CrazyDoesntFeelPain FHF Reserve Player

The one that cracked a GK's box. That's the benchmark. Joe "Joepen Goal" Turner needs to get to the back of the queue.

7. AndyGaut

AndyGaut FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    TK GK 1.1, OBO Fatboy, Malik Black Magic
    Well I've roped in/guilt tripped/begged/paid to play a one off game tomorrow. No pressure as they've only won one game so far this year.
    This is a complete one off but also a litmus test as to if I want to go back at all in the future

8. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

"One-off"

:rolleyes:

9. Inselaffen

the future being the following weekend?

10. AndyGaut

AndyGaut FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    TK GK 1.1, OBO Fatboy, Malik Black Magic
    100% one off, I'm already living in the garage after the wife found out :(

No next season :cool:

11. Inselaffen

hoping to get my season back on course next week or the week after. Been a long recovery from the quad tear done during the Hong Kong Easter tournament. Guess playing the whole tournament and a couple weeks of 6-aside mid week hockey with a 7x3cm hole in my Vastus Medialis didn't really help. On the plus side I've used this time to get a lot fitter. Dropped 16 kg since Easter and 30kg in the last 11 months. Will probably miss that extra insulation in January when i start my first English winter season for many many years.

gomac182 and AndyGaut like this.
  12. Danjmet (GK)

Danjmet (GK) FHF Legend

Had a great Saturday. Lost 3-0 to Oxford 3's. My team played very average hockey against a well polished oxford side.
    I enjoyed it as I made more saves that game than I have had to all season put together so far. Got man of the match for my troubles.

2 of the goals were defensive errors - both after I had already made saves. The third was a well taken 2 on 1 against me.

Playing their 4's team tomorrow so hoping for a better result!

13. Badger666

Badger666 FHF Top Player

So the results are in aaannnddd.... Well it's been a good 5 week season but got the news that I've completely ruptured my ACL today. Therefore I'm out till at least next Christmas. I kind of needed a break from hockey to get my head back in it but not this long!
    Gotta sort out insurance/funds/surgery now, hopefully get myself back and on track for next season. In the mean time I shall simply become the Club drunkard.
    EDIT: Forgot the mention the ACL rupture came from my beer pong expedition, an accolade i'll have put on my grave.

14. nemo

nemo FHF All Time Great

3-2 win , we should have scored more , couldn't do much about either goal. still 100% win record

15. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

Lost 6-0

I was crap
    We were crap
    They were good

16. Danjmet (GK)

Danjmet (GK) FHF Legend

scratched a 2 -1 win. We played quite well and had plenty of chances (hit the post twice). went 1-0 up in the first half.
    second half oppo got a very lucky goal. I came off my left post to close down a player. Stopped the shot which pinged up and hit my running defender in the stomach, bouncing off in such a way as to land at the feet of an oppo attacker 1m from goal. he only just scored it :confused:

We got our second with 5 minutes to go. wins a win but should have been more comfortable.

@Badger666 - I did my ACL when I was 17 and trust me - take the time to recover properly and you will be ok. If you dont you could end up with a life of trouble! Sucks to be out of hockey but your young enough to get back to it!

17. bigdave1981

bigdave1981 FHF Top Player

Had a good 6-2 win today... went 1 down due to me not clearing the ball properly but gave us a kick up the backside..... currently top of the league by 4 points

18. billyx27

billyx27 FHF Newbie

Not been a good week, got the message that I’ve been dropped from the 1s to the 3s. A 3 league drop.

Not sure why as I had the lowest goals against in the league and we’d won 5 of 7. Never let in more than 2 goals in a game. Oh well.

First game for the 3s and it finished 0-0. I had a zero shot clean sheet.

19. nemo

nemo FHF All Time Great

Should have been explained to you espically as you ve had a respectable season so far maybe worth asking the question?

20. billyx27

billyx27 FHF Newbie

I have done, I think it’s more a case there isn’t a good reason for it. Returning player to the club, who I am a friend of and don’t begrudge playing for the 1s, has taken my place.