How's everyone's seasons going?

Discussion in 'Goalie Zone' started by broadstone, Oct 21, 2012.

1. bigdave1981

bigdave1981 FHF Top Player

Won 4-2 yesterday in a very scrappy game... made few saves.. 1 goal from a SC and then defender gave a way a silly PC... nothing i could of donr for both goals... gutted to miss next week game but my parwnts golden wedding anniversary meal comes as priority... ( i did hope times wouldn't clash lol) ..

2. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

Helped out the 2s this weekend and went down 2-1.

First goal was an absolute worldy. Short corner last play of the first half, flick came in at a comfortable height but at decent pace, so I only managed to get it back out at a 45 degree angle. Ball hasn't even bounced yet and is about 10 inches off the ground when a guy just inside the circle just unleashes. Barely see it and it goes like a tracer bullet into the top corner. Sometimes you have to just take your hat off, though I'm slightly annoyed because I very nearly fluked the save.

Second one was a standard bad decision. Guy through 1-1, decided he'd not take me on so the defence got back. They didn't make a tackle and he came in and took a shot. I was about 75% of the way out still because I had set up for the 1 on 1, and actually did quite well to get something on it, it wasn't quite enough and it just went in bottom corner.

Played far better than of late though. Few good 1 on 1 saves, couple of good corner saves, and pulled off a screamer off a rebound. I've switched back to a keeper stick and things feel more comfortable, so I'll be sticking with it from now on I think. Kicker has split up the top which is annoying, but I've known for a while they're on the way out. Going to see if something pop up in the november sale, and invest from a shop otherwise. Bit of contact adhesive and tape should get me through to Christmas no bother, so it's no major rush.

3. Inselaffen

Inselaffen FHF All Time Great

Hate those. Had one during a Uni game many years ago. Made a save from a first strike at a PC with my right foot but it went straight back to the striker who hit first time hard it towards my right a few inches off the ground. I managed to get down sharp and lift it up and over the crossbar with my right HP. Striker stood for about 5 seconds applauding the save. 2 minutes later he came into the D and unleashed a bullet right into the top corner! hardly saw it. I didn't applaud that :(

CrazyDoesntFeelPain likes this.
  4. MunchkinGK

MunchkinGK FHF All Time Great

Match cancelled. Oppo had no umpire and the lights were broken (4:30 pushback). Sounded like the oppo wanted to play in the dark, and the groundsmen offered 3 mini 3G pitches as a replacement so maybe we could play mini matches and it count for the league... we said no...

5. CrazyDoesntFeelPain

CrazyDoesntFeelPain FHF Reserve Player

First one that got past me touched a defender's foot at about 12 inches off the floor, I lost sight of it and it got tipped it at the back post. I had the sun in my eyes, I've no idea where it went.

The second one that got past; my defence seemed to stop, a short was on the cards and we all seemed to wait for the whistle to go. I went to ground, but I was too late. It got poked under me. I was left with 50% "I should have done better" and 50% "Why did you all stop".

The third one was an absolute worldy. I had his back to goal and a defender sheparding him away. He squezed something out of nothing. I didn't even see it, I just heard it clink in to the top corner. No stopping those.

I guess it's a good job we put seven past their keeper.

AKenworthy likes this.
  6. TandersGK

TandersGK FHF Newbie

I was in a match
    Had trained with the other keeper before, he wasn’t having a good day
    First quarter were winning 3-0
    Second quarter ended 3-1, ball passed around me, nothing I could do
    3rd quarter ended 6-2 with an abundance of goals scored. In last minute I was on the receiving end of a PC, it was injected strongly to a pair in the stopping position which was a new sight for this match
    Stopper stopped the ball
    Shooter ran in, I was so convinced that he would drag flick, but he unleashed an absolute meteor- flying into the very deep dark depths of my left post
    I turn Round and see my left post man standing straight upright with only a few inches of his stick on the floor. Defenders these days!!

7. Jaspers33

Jaspers33 FHF Regular Player

Played top of the league yesterday. They’ve not dropped a point all season.

We played the best game of our lives and won 3-2!! Anyone watching would have thought we won the league!!

The other team were not happy with the result

8. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

Same as above only against 2nd in the league (On goal difference).

I gave away a PC 5 minutes in to put us 1-0 down. Whoops!

We battled back and when 2-1 up, I gave away a PS... Whoops! Thankfully the forward opted to try and clear the fence with it!

Some good saves in there too, strange day out!

9. mbray

mbray FHF Top Player

1-1 draw of two mid-table teams. They scored a goal after a cross was deflected a couple of times to the man on the far post. We scored from a PC. We then absorbed about 10 minutes of long-corners and hits around the edge of the D with really well organised and committed defence - good to see everyone working so well together. Probably fair result but we could have sewn it up in the first half.

10. nemo

nemo FHF All Time Great

2-1 victory against second in table ( we re top ) bit disappointed letting in a df felt I was a little to far to my left starting wise .....oh well

11. Badger666

Badger666 FHF Top Player

Watched my team lose 2-0 to a team they should've beat, especially considering the side they had.
    Then watched the higher team play a worldie of a game to win 6-1 against 3rd in the league. Good game to watch from the sidelines.

In other news I'm pretty much out until christmas. Waiting on a private MRI and on advice from other folks its best to sit out until I'm 100% and not become a cripple by blowing my knee out.

12. CrazyDoesntFeelPain

Always nice when that happens!

13. TandersGK

TandersGK FHF Newbie

I’m getting quite good with PS’s
    I just look where the player is looking
    And do a bit of intimidating movement like squats

14. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

Even the umpire thought so.

"today's your lucky day!" he said.

CrazyDoesntFeelPain likes this.
  15. asahartz

asahartz FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Slazenger SZR Aero 160
    We took 10 men away to a team that had come down from the division above. I gave away a PC in the first half, which was taken quickly while my defenders were not ready - I was first out - and they scored with a switch pass to the side of me. The injection was played twice too, but in the moment that didn't sink in till later.

Anyway, we played a blinder for the rest of the game, the opposition captain said it felt like they were the team with 10 players, not us. Even so, their keeper had a great game and kept them in it, and it was mid-way through the second when we got our equaliser. And that was how it finished.

A pleasing result for 10 men away from home, but we could have taken it!

16. billyx27

billyx27 FHF Newbie

Second loss of the season, 2-0 to the team immediately behind us in 3rd meaning we’ve now dropped to 3rd unfortunately.

So frustrating as the 2 goals I should have had, 1st the whole team stopped playing calling for a foul and it made me hesitate. As a result a very weak shot got by me. Second a slow deflection to my left.

I made a fair few good saves but can’t stop focusing on the 2 that got by me.

17. CrazyDoesntFeelPain

Why weren't they standing on the pitch until they were ready? Typically one of us steps out while the rest sort out feet and positioning, then the last one to step in will signify that you're set.

18. nemo

nemo FHF All Time Great

As the keeper if I know my defence isn't set I ll step out signal too umpire mess around with straps / helmet too sell the delay ....

19. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

Had a really nice first half saturday. Couple of good saves. Felt comfortable. Another corner last play of the half, another goal though. Not that I could avoid it. They ran a man through the line of the ball and I lost it entirely. As they say, **** happens.

Then was left feeling pretty horrific again. Another PC second half, slow drag along the ground and I ended up biting hard at a missed deflection and the ball went in bottom corner. Really want to just get my consistency back into my game. It was alright Saturday, but still not good enough. About 3 gears back from where I was last year.

On a brighter note, played my first outfield game of the season against a side comprising mostly of final year school kids that I coach twice a week. Scored a goal. Maybe they can learn some outfield skill off a goalkeeper?

20. asahartz

asahartz FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Slazenger SZR Aero 160
    The captain does that. He had stepped in, but they had just not got their heads right - with some team changes, they hadn't even got it clear in their heads who was running 1. Which in the event turned out to be me!