How's everyone's seasons going?

Discussion in 'Goalie Zone' started by broadstone, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Hellsbells

Hellsbells FHF All Time Great

Another Sunday development league game for me. We were run ragged by a very swift elastic forward until I inadvertently took her out.......first time in my career I have conceded my own p flick. Ah well. Nice to be out on a pitch even though I did cop a ball on my knee. Poor technique and not playing every week contributing I feel.

2. HVee

HVee FHF Newbie

Two games in. First I played shockingly bad but 2nd got MOTM. Not bad for my first season in the 2nd Team having returned to hockey after 26 years (last played when I was 14) and only started in goal 10 months ago, being an overweight 41yo woman

3. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

I'm hilariously out of form at the moment. Can't do much right and not entirely sure how to get my mojo back. Probably just need one big save or something, but if it doesn't click soon I'm going to lose the rag a little.

4. nemo

nemo FHF All Time Great

Go back to basics , lots of strikes into feet legs and arms , this will increase confidence and encourage you not too over think too much

5. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

Lost again! 3-2 this time.

League Games 3
    Goals Conceded 9
    Injuries 1

Great start.

6. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

That's the hope. Unfortunately big games coming thick and fast, so it's slightly unfortunate it's this part of the season this is cropping up. Think I might scale back at rewatch a few videos of good saves I've got stored about, and stick on the big game playlist for the next game. Usually works for getting out of the rut - hoping it can work it's magic.

Think it might have a bit to do with being slightly unsure of the system we're playing. New club has led to a rather big change in the way we defend (zonal back 3, never been in anything like it) so I'm second guessing myself in certain aspects. Might make sense to have a sit down with the coach and try talk through the exact way we play and see if getting a bit more comfortable with it can help get my mojo back. Just a pity that it's happened at a new club, so I don't have any credit in the bank so to speak - they can't know this is a slump rather than me just being poor.

Saturday wasn't actually that bad looking back - a 1v1, a PC and a base line cut back to P spot. Not that much I could have done about any of them, but after last weekend I think I'm focusing on the negatives pretty heavily. I made a good PC save at 2-1 and made some good clearances and decisions. It's always hard to focus on those as positives when you've conceded 3 and not made any major saves. I don't think I cost my team any goals Saturday, looking back with a fresher view, but I also didn't save any. But as said, just need a more positive outlook for tomorrow night, and we'll be dandy again. I know it's coming, I can feel that I'm physically in a really good place right now, I just need that final mental edge and I think I can really kick on to play well.

Also, yes, this post might also be serving the purpose of my trying to psych myself up. Any little helps - eh?

7. bigdave1981

bigdave1981 FHF Top Player

i had this a couple of years ago where I got so frustrated I made simple and silly mistakes...
    all I can suggest is that maybe a music playlist before a game to chill you out... also remember "if the 10 players in front of you were doing there jobs you don't have too"..

8. Beardymanbristol

Beardymanbristol FHF Legend

You not going to show off about your awesome diving PS save @Jaspers33?

9. Jaspers33

Jaspers33 FHF Regular Player

Haha!! Was about the only save I made all game tho!! 100% PS save record for the season (even if it’s the only one I’ve faced so far!)

10. MunchkinGK

MunchkinGK FHF All Time Great

I got my mojo back a few weeks ago, and had a good training session last week. Played top of the league at the weekend though, and we had a chance to go top of the league if we beat them. I personally don't think I did much wrong, except a miscommunication at the top of the D which let to a bit of obstruction and a the winning goal for the oppo. I had a good chat with my left half on the way home, and basically we concluded that the rest of the team aren't scoring enough given the opportunities they get and have.
    A bit frustrating to lose such a tight match, but ho hum. Team only just got promoted into this division, so doing well regardless!

11. Badger666

Badger666 FHF Top Player

Knee/leg is still not happy. My physio thinks I may have done some extra damage around my meniscus muscle as well as pulling a muscle in my leg, and considering it's usually cleared up by now before I agree. Still feels like there's a plate in my knee that rock solid and doesn't want to move, so currently awaiting a call from the doctors to see about an MRI. Depending on what they say, my work health fund may help me with the cost of a private MRI etc etc. Hoping it clears up with some time and I've not done some damage for life in it.

In retrospect/foresight I think having a few games off will do me good and give me time to clear my head, think of what I want out of hockey and see if being a goalie really is for me. I love it and think I've got more aptitude for it, but the added stress seems to not be helping too well, but again I think that's just my current team. Either way I'll be back in some form.

12. philthy

philthy FHF All Time Great

I was convinced my calf had made a miraculous recovery

Today I ran 3 yards for a bus. I am NOT a medical marvel

13. Inselaffen

Inselaffen FHF All Time Great

Sometimes these things just take a long time to recover. Tore my quad at Easter. Looked online and it said a few weeks to a few months depending on the severity. Mine turned out to be a 7cm X 3cm tear. Quite severe.

14. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

Much happier man tonight. Top of the table clash. 3-0 down at half time after a shocking first half display and we pulled it back to 3-3. Not at fault for the goals and was let down by some very poor defending, and made a couple of big saves second half. Was it perfect? No, it wasn't. But it was a damn good bit closer than I have been.

Just want to the little things. Fixed a few things wrong with my kit. Went back to a keeper stick from the outfield one. Changed up my warmup to something more like an earlier routine. It all felt so much more at ease. I won't say it's all fixed yet, but at least it gives me a platform to get to better performances over the next few weeks.

15. Danjmet (GK)

Danjmet (GK) FHF Legend

Saturday left a really bitter taste in the mouth.

The game itself was great and the oppo and ourselves were both on good form. Both teams were being goods sportsmen - with both of us admitting fouls / touches that the umpire had missed. I made a couple of good saves in the first half but we were 2-1 down at the half. second half we brought it back to be 3 -2 up. Unfortunately for us one of the oppos umpires seems to have taken exception to this.
    He had been an average umpire up till this point however during the second half one of the oppo stick tackled one of our men from behind. The umpire blew him up for it and the player turned around, hit his stick off the floor, screamed at the umpire (who was about 10 meters away) to F**K OFF and booted the ball from the half way line to the corner of the pitch. This player had made a few fouls but nothing major - so this was a huge over reaction. Umpire had a quiet word in his ear and let the game continue. I have never met an umpire who wouldn't card that sort of behavior.

Then right at the end of the game the oppo got the ball in our D. They took a shot and one of my defenders got a stick to it but it deflected into his body. His was about 3 meters away from the goal with myself directly behind him. the ball deflected off his torso to my right so I stepped over to cover it.
    The umpire (who was stood to my left on the baseline) blew for a short then a second later changed his mind and blew for a P flick. he then also blew for the end of the game. Obviously we asked what was going on, and he said I had moved out of the way before the ball hit my player (not the case) and that I didn't have a hope of getting the ball. Our captain spoke to the other umpire who was decided to stay out of it by saying "I didn't see what happened".

Oppo score the flick (I nearly had it :mad:) ad the game ends 3 - 3.

Obviously our boys are pissed off and speaking (amongst ourselves) saying what a poor decision it was. The umpire walks over and starts talking to the lads, telling them to "watch it". Our captain then speaks to the umpire to get the team sheet signed off. The umpire is still trying to justify his decision and engage our captain (who says i think it was a shocking decision but its done now and thats that". umpire follows our captain still going on about it and trying to draw him into an argument - seemingly so he can then take further action. Fortunately our captain just doesn't engage him and leaves.

Obviously this is only my opinion - but the fact that the oppo captain comes up to us and apologises for the decision in the locker room........... says it all really.

Still unbeaten this seasons (D - W - D) but it definitely felt like a loss.

The only major plus was that I covered my own mistake (clearing kick straight to an oppo attacker) with an amazing save. had a player free behind me to my right (who would have had an open goal) - attacker with the ball passes to him and I dive to my right (about 3 meters or more - bloody big dive anywho) - and just manage to tip the ball off the back line. Oppo attacker helped me up and physically patted my back whilst looking astounded I got it :eek:

16. nemo

nemo FHF All Time Great

12-0 victory .....perhaps not a surprise I didn't have a lot too do but managed to pick up my second clean sheet in 3 games

17. mbray

mbray FHF Top Player

Wanted to try out some different kickers/legs today against weaker league opposition in preparation for greater tests ahead. My current legs are getting a bit bendy and offering less protection. However, I only touched the ball twice - one flick over the top from a bouncing, spinning deflection and a smothering save late on - that said, a 3-0 win is a good result for a fairly scratch side. Hope for more involvement next week with league and Masters' cup games on the agenda.

18. billyx27

billyx27 FHF Newbie

Back to winning ways with a 1-0 win, quite possibly the scrappiest game I’ve been involved in and no idea how the opposition didn’t score. At one point they managed to miss from near enough on the line.

Gave away a needless short being safe by playing a ball out of play from in close and was maybe too confident letting a deflection in the D go in (hit our player last). Overall wasn’t really challenged though.

We shouldn’t have given them as many chances as we did but will take the luck every once in a while.

19. asahartz

asahartz FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Slazenger SZR Aero 160
    Since my transfer form got sent through late, today was my first game of the season. The team has had a big influx of returning players plus some dropped down from the 2nds, so it's a decent side now.

Sadly today we threw away a 2-0 half-time lead in the local derby game to lose 3-2 at home. Nothing any of us could do about their first goal, a PC strike went in off my post-mans stick. But the 2nd was at least partially my fault as I cleared a PC straight back to one of their strikers, who, after getting over his surprise, passed it across and my dive couldn't quite reach the shot. And the last, a speculative shot from near the edge of the D, crept inside the post while I touched it with my stick. I reckon I should have had that too. :(:oops:

20. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

6-0 win for us. Thankfully I wasn't massively busy so my back got a bit of a rest! Few saves happy enough with. Expert umpiring from @g plus colleague.

Thanks Mr G for the hockey book and onion marmalade!

Good return to winning ways for our 1s - 3s.

3 clean sheets and 13 goals scored!

G likes this.