How's everyone's seasons going?

Discussion in 'Goalie Zone' started by broadstone, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Badger666

Badger666 FHF Top Player

Went with 9 men, shipped 3 goals in the first 5 mins from a combination of not being super switched on and my defence not marking their men. Ended up 12-0 loss in the end, as they had plenty of subs with legs and just put them past us.

I then turned up to the wrong place for pre-drinks and slipped on my ass during beer pong completely twisting and pulling my knee once again. I'm starting to think it's never going to fully heal which puts me in danger of having to stop playing hockey.

Also been feeling pretty down lately and starting to become frustrated with my team. Losing doesn't bother me as much, neither does shipping the amount of goals I do as I've proved myself in other games with other teams. It's just the fact they don't learn and don't seem to want to listen, making the same simple mistakes that catch us out. Will have to see how the season goes and have a think over the summer.

2. philthy

philthy FHF All Time Great

Been tarting myself around the clubs of south London for the last few weeks. Finally settled. 1st match - awesome performance, man of the match.

2nd match. Tear a calf muscle, out for 6-8 weeks :(

3. MunchkinGK

MunchkinGK FHF All Time Great

Had a really good match yesterday clean sheet and win, with a fair number of 1v1s, but turned up to my vets match today only to find it was cancelled :(

4. The chief

The chief FHF Legend

What does this mean?

5. Hellsbells

Hellsbells FHF All Time Great

That's bad luck. Where have you ended up playing?

6. halsnobordrgrl

halsnobordrgrl FHF Newbie

The club team for the other school we were playing came about four hours, and apparently had no-one on their team who could keep for them, so they recruited a random person from my university to suit up for them, who obviously had no experience. Since it is run through a bunch of colleges, each school must have an official roster with everyone who is cleared to play and on the team on it for injury's sake. Pretty much, the kid was on neither roster, so he should not have been allowed to play, but he played the first half and then left. We could have made the other team forfeit the game, but we wanted to play, so after the game it was determined that any goals they scored while the illicit keeper was in net would not count, thus nullifying the first half for the other team.

I'm not sure that that really clarifies much at all looking at it, but I hope it helps

7. Mick Mason

Mick Mason FHF Top Player

Sounds like you got robbed. The forfeit happened when they "didn't show/played the unregistered player" and you should have the W straight away. You can always play on outside the competition rules and have fun, surely no-one would make you all go sit down because of technically one side had already won the game.

8. The chief

The chief FHF Legend

I see what you're saying. Seems like a very odd decision to make but if it worked for you then all is good.

9. Badger666

Badger666 FHF Top Player

So funny thing, while out on the club social, I rushed for a ball during beer pong, slipped and completely ruined my right knee/leg again. Everytime it gets to the point where it doesn't bother me anymore something happens and I pull it.

Currently sitting at home putting off calling the NHS or arranging physio like a smart person. Pretty much decided I need to take this week off and potentially next week as well, just to make sure it gets back to full strength quickly.

10. philthy

philthy FHF All Time Great

London Edwardians

Really good bunch - have really enjoyed it so far. Just really annoying about the injury! I'm hoping it's not as bad as first thought. it feels loads better already... but still a way off playing - can't walk any distance without crutches! Luckily the league stops for 2 weekends over half term so have a bit of time.

11. tappers

tappers FHF Starter

Which London edwardians team are you playing for?

12. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

Played terribly saturday. Lost 4-3. Not entirely sure what didn't go right for me - mainly indecision. Training last night hardly helped as I couldn't stop a ball. Little bit peeved off and can't get it out of my mind at the moment. Oh well.

13. Badger666

Badger666 FHF Top Player

Just found out the team above me is trialling a new keeper this weekend.... Suffice to say I'm a little annoyed, especially if he becomes their permanent keeper and I get overlooked completely. I mean, fair enough okay it's only my 2nd year and my results are pretty piss poor, I'm happy to play whatever level etc.. but... I'm not super happy in my current team and the carefree way they seem to just be talking about trialling him and having him as their permanent keeper... Yeah. Might be changing clubs at the end of the year afterall.

14. nemo

nemo FHF All Time Great

Tis difficult sometimes clubs get excited about new players overlooking those that they have ( bright shiny new stuff syndrome) guess all you can do is speak with coach / captains about your aspirations and ask for honest feedback on your performances and abilities then hit training to improve on weak points and try and prove your worth

15. Badger666

Badger666 FHF Top Player

I mean, I hit training every week, I'm pretty much the only keeper who did it last season and (apart from injury atm) have this season. I double up a lot and am always helping out where I can. But eh. I'll see how it goes, I'll have a word with someone at Christmas and see whats what then. I'm feeling down atm so it's kind of just another thing on top of stuff, but i'm sure it'll be fine in the long run.

16. nemo

nemo FHF All Time Great

If want my advice and you prob don't !!! Speak to your current team captain and the team above captain ....get feedback it's one thing being used as hitting practice and another being an influential keeper , i.e. There's one maybe two keepers better at kill keeper drills than me in my club but I lose interest once my eye is in and made a few saves , but I have a bigger presence and read the game better on a Saturday.

Badger666 likes this.
  17. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

I'd echo the above, but not wait until Christmas. FInd out now.

If you wait, half season over, they'll just plod on and by time you can work on their feedback, seasons over again!

Badger666 likes this.
  18. Danjmet (GK)

Danjmet (GK) FHF Legend

Last week we won 7 - 0. Team played really well and I only had to make a handful of saves. We would win the league if we played as well every week (not likely though I reckon).

19. bigdave1981

bigdave1981 FHF Top Player

Happy with a 3-1 win against local rivals today... few nice saves from PCs...

20. billyx27

billyx27 FHF Newbie

First loss of the season, 2-1 but it was to a good team. They had a lot of possession but didn’t do a great deal with it and managed to get their first goal on a contentious short.

Mid air re-direction so not a lot I could do and on the second their player had time alone around the p spot to pick a corner.

We defended well throughout against a younger and faster team but couldn’t get enough pressure on the attack.