How's everyone's seasons going?

Discussion in 'Goalie Zone' started by broadstone, Oct 21, 2012.

1. billyx27

billyx27 FHF Newbie

3rd game and win of the season for the 1s, a 2-1 win. Unfortunately not a third clean sheet in a row but 2 and a half games isn’t too bad.

Got caught cheating when their player was through on goal and he went top corner rather than low. Made up for it though to make sure we got the win.

2. LinnieBear

LinnieBear FHF Star Player

Today's hockey day started with a 6:30 am start to make my 8am meet in Loughborough... Needless to say I am knackered now! I knew it would be a hard game since it was only the 2nd game for me with the team and had even more new defenders to direct as well as playing a team that won their last game 10-0!

After learning the new defenders names I took on my role of loud gobby keeper and managed to direct my defenders and other team members really well. Probably best directions I have ever given (maybe I need to be up at 6:30 more... I hope not). Played my little heart out and with the help of my team and memories of goalie camps I managed to make some amazing saves (including 1 on 1s, a 3 vs 1 and some bizarre moments where I think i thought I was an outfield player...). Lost 3-0 in the end but only 1 of those was during field play so I am a pretty happy keeper and so proud of my team as they all listened really well to me and were just amazing to play with. A long way to go to get my defense exactly like I want but only 2 games in and my team are amazing and I love playing hockey once again!

Also got the man of the match vote from the opposition as they all said my saves were pretty sick :D And my team say I am best keeper they have ever had, so slowly building that confidence I lost from last season.

Managed to sneak a 2nd game in after the 1st with my mixed team in leicester and won 4-1. One happy little keeper with both games. Hope others had great hockey days today!

billyx27, asahartz and Badger666 like this.
  3. Badger666

Badger666 FHF Top Player

Glad to hear you're enjoying hockey again @LinnieBear !

Lost 1-2 today. Both goals weren't spectacular, could of probably been in a better place to save them. But otherwise made some pretty good saves, including one with the tip of my stick I'm pretty proud of. We just couldn't capitalise at the other end of the field. Things are looking a bit brighter than last season, considering we've scored every game so, hopefully we'll win a couple and get off bottom.

LinnieBear likes this.
  4. MunchkinGK

MunchkinGK FHF All Time Great

After a bit of a disaster last week the team recovered and I was hoping for a clean sheet not to be. A win is a win though.

Attached Files:

5. Badger666

Badger666 FHF Top Player

Played for a mixed team today and kinda put out a bad performance that gave us a 4-4 draw which I shoulda done better and we could've won. But then spent 5 hours in the pub drinking which made up for it so. I think I've earned myself an invite back which is nice.

6. gomac182

gomac182 FHF Top Player

Throat guard did its job on Saturday

Attached Files:

7. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

Lost 3-2 to the local rivals who we have played 3 times in the summer.

Wasn't a pretty game. Personally had a great first half, naff second half.

Play them against next week due to our extra games in our division!

8. nemo

nemo FHF All Time Great

@gomac182 this is why I going to the hockey shop to buy throat guards ......

gomac182 likes this.
  9. gomac182

gomac182 FHF Top Player

@nemo And why I'm chasing up a spare for tonight lol

nemo likes this.
  10. GK13

GK13 FHF Legend

A (suspected) torn ACL has ended my season after just two games. MRI scheduled for next week; hopefully will be fully fit again in time for next year. :(

So, rather than standing in net, I'll be spending the rest of my Saturdays getting some National Legaue coaching experience under my belt instead, assisting our Ladies 1st XI Head Coach.

#silverlining

11. nemo

nemo FHF All Time Great

After my scare last night (see bumps and bruises thread ) just bruising back in the game for Saturday...

gomac182 likes this.
  12. gomac182

gomac182 FHF Top Player

@nemo that one looks nasty

13. nemo

nemo FHF All Time Great

4-3 win and given mom although felt that I didn't play particularly well .....

14. LinnieBear

LinnieBear FHF Star Player

Been feeling pretty down this week so happy I only had 1 game of hockey this week. Didn't have overly much to do except from controlling defense but when I did have to do stuff reaction saves came into play... I spent a lot of time after a save looking for the ball only to find I saved it cleanly and it was off the pitch.

Won 5-0 and got the man of the match again! I think it was for a save every one (on both teams) said was so amazing but I didn't even know what happened XD cheered me up to get man of the match twice in a row.

15. bigdave1981

bigdave1981 FHF Top Player

Had a nice 5-1 win today... good game and made few saves.. loval derby next week against maidenhead 3s...

LinnieBear likes this.
  16. Chris99

Chris99 FHF Starter

5-0 win, not a lot to do. We are sat in the middle of the table so all is good.

17. billyx27

billyx27 FHF Newbie

8-1 win and fourth in a row today. Didn’t have a huge amount to do as the opposition’s striker was left by himself a lot and our defence dealt with him easily.

One tough save around a minute into the game diving knee height to my right which kept my concentration up.

Run of tough games after this so we’ll see if we can stay on top of the table.

18. halsnobordrgrl

halsnobordrgrl FHF Newbie

Had our only home match of the season, win 4-1(Technically 4-3 but they had an illegal keeper who was some random kid from our school for the first half, so they nullified the first two goals) I played the final 20ish minutes and kept a clean sheet, which was nice for me. Our whole team was passing beautifully, which was superb, and the energy was wonderful. Amped for our game tomorrow!

19. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

Lost 3-1 today.

First half brilliant, second half not so brilliant.

Personal performance, so so lots of good, fair few bits of bad. Go again next week.

20. mbray

mbray FHF Top Player

Got all psyched up for a Masters' game today, only to discover that another keeper had been asked to play, hearing 50 minutes before the start time. Sunday ended up a bit of a waste of time.