How's everyone's seasons going?

Discussion in 'Goalie Zone' started by broadstone, Oct 21, 2012.

1. broadstone

broadstone FHF All Time Great

Just wondering how everyone's Seasons are goin for those of us in the northern hemisphere? Has everyone shaken of their beginning of the season rustiness yet?

Frazer likes this.
  2. Descartes

Descartes FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Monarch GCP01
    Only played 2 games in goal so far this season, both for uni and both against the same team, won them 6-0 and 7-2, had a bit of a howler in the second but i got motm for the first, not bad with only one training session in goal since april-ish... :D

3. nickybee

nickybee FHF Top Player

Lost two (3-2 & 3-1), drew one (2-2) and won one (7-0). I'm back to hockey after 10 or so years out so my rustiness was worse than it should've been. I was gutted to have lost yesterday but I don't really feel like I did anything terribly wrong whereas our first loss I knew I should've done things differently. I have made some good saves and got unanimous player of the match yesterday but I don't like losing!!

I need to work on my angles, and if I'm going out to challenge I need to decide sooner rather than giving them time to cross it. Loving being back though although have given myself two massive bruises in the last four weeks!

4. freebird

freebird FHF All Time Great

There's already a thread on how people's seasons are going!

5. broadstone

broadstone FHF All Time Great

Not a goalie one though!

6. sammyhan

sammyhan FHF Top Player

Men's has gone quite well won two (4-2 & 6-1) and lost one (unfairly!!) 2-1 but got man of the match. Under 16 team played one half and kept a clean sheet (Drew 2-2) Top of the league for men's so i'm not complaining!!

7. Kilmory

Kilmory Administrator
    FHF Administrator

I've not really had a great start to the season.

We are winning, with three clean sheets out of four games, but the clean sheets are not really down to me. This weekend I think I made 1 save with probably only two or three in each of the other games. Not sure if I'm just panicking, but I would really like to have a busier start to the season to get my eye back in. I feel at the moment I could be the weak link if tested.

8. Inselaffen

Inselaffen FHF All Time Great

waiting for the new season to start. last season finished in June.
    we were pushed up a league and out of our depth. We lost 11 won 1. missed my first league game for 3 seasons.

despite that still got the team player if the season award despite 1 or 2 ropey performances

9. baggyboy7

baggyboy7 FHF Newbie

Won our first match of the season 3-2 vs Leek on Saturday and got MOTM. Other three have all been lost by including leading against Cannock...

10. hwhc si

hwhc si FHF Starter

We've won 5 and drawn 1. Averaging 6 goals scored a game, 2 goals conceded and sitting top of the league.

Keeping so far has been average on my part... mainly conceding via PCs which is traditionally my strong point so working hard on them...

We've smashed all of the pre-season favourites (we beat the clear favourites 7-2 on Saturday).

Pre-season fitness started in July and it really paid off.

wasim iqbal likes this.
  11. AndyGaut

AndyGaut FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    TK GK 1.1, OBO Fatboy, Malik Black Magic
    hwhc si did you sort out a lacrosse stick for drag flicking practice?

12. Oxford209

Oxford209 FHF Reserve Player

Played 4 - won 4! Top of the League which is great and I'm statistically the 2nd best keeper (I said statistically) in the club!

I've also been to training twice already this season which is once more than I managed last season. Excellent.

13. freebird

freebird FHF All Time Great

Played 4, won 2, drawn 1, lost 1.

Bit disappointed with my game performances this season. I'm training the best I ever have, but something's just not translating between training and a game.

14. asahartz

asahartz FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Slazenger SZR Aero 160
    Not great so far... played 3 lost 3 conceded 18.

But that's not as bad as it sounds (honest!) These are my first matches in goal. The first game I hadn't even been able to train as I hadn't a full kit, we only had 10 players and 4 of them were rookies (7 rookies joined this summer).

The plus side is that we have got better every game. Though with half-term we'll be lucky to get a side out this weekend. Unfortunately that's the nature of being the bottom end of the club.

15. homegrownhippo

homegrownhippo FHF Regular Player

Played 7, Won 5, Lost 1 , Drew 1

Having a great start and only gone training once! even getting praise from my team which and mentioned in match reports, very pleased.

16. asahartz

asahartz FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Slazenger SZR Aero 160
    As expected, couldn't get a full side out, so we borrowed some players and played it as a friendly. Lost 5-0, I made all the difficult saves but let a couple of easy ones in through not clearing the kicks properly. I think I could do with some hi-rebound kickers cos I'm not getting enough oomph on the kicks. My son is looking to get some hi-control in the OBO sale, so I'll take his cast-offs...

17. mhsgoalie

mhsgoalie FHF Starter

My last season of field hockey for my secondary school ended 3 weeks early with a partial ACL tear. We were having the best season in years and we could have made tournament if I didn't get hurt. So it was awesome, but it sucked terribly

18. Descartes

Descartes FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Monarch GCP01
    First loss of the season today (5-2), defensive discipline extremely lacking with 3 goals coming from PCs (which I thought was reasonable for me as they had at least 15) and one from a PS which I could only knock into the sideboard. Lots of defensive work coming up on monday night I think, don't want a repeat of this on wednesday.

19. bedfordhockey5

bedfordhockey5 FHF All Time Great

lost 5 in a row :( not happy but a new team were coming together and were tightining the score lines each week :)

20. sammyhan

sammyhan FHF Top Player

Won 4-3 yesterday 1 pc and 2 defensive errors, where do you get the defence these days??