Hockey Subscription box part 2

Discussion in 'FHF Community' started by BossFHockey, Jun 28, 2016.

?
  1. £15-20

12 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. £20-25

24 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. £25-30

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. £30-35

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. £35+

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. bigdave1981

bigdave1981 FHF Regular Player

Normal tshirt so we can wear all times.

BossFHockey likes this.
  2. Mollster

Mollster FHF Top Player

I spend a lot of time doing sporty things... so a sporty type tshirt would be cool... but I guess go with majority rules?

BossFHockey likes this.
  3. Alex2781

Alex2781 FHF Starter

Would be happy with either, probably would prefer the sports type though

BossFHockey likes this.
  4. LeClou

LeClou FHF Starter

would also prefer a sports one

BossFHockey likes this.
  5. Julian Gagnier

Julian Gagnier FHF Legend

If you do a kind of polyester, Under Armor-type t shirt, those look look enough to wear all the time while being made of a sportier material. I'd be down with that. Also I agree, monthly might be a little ambitious. Maybe raise the budget (or dont) and go for quarterly shipments, that way you could provide a little more "substance" in the box.

My mind is already racing with the possibilities of what could be in this box :D

BossFHockey likes this.
  6. Ben267

Ben267 FHF Starter

It could also give an opportunity for up and coming brands (or existing brands) a chance to test out some of their smaller items before they are on sale. Things like gloves, grips, tape, caps etc!

I know that Osaka do a very nice range of hockey accessories (caps, bracelets, that sort of thing)

Get some forum legends on board and lets really push this! It could be something incredible!

Julian Gagnier, Mollster and Higgo4 like this.
  7. Julian Gagnier

I was thinking the same as @Ben267. I mean, all other (successful) subscription boxes offer things that people will actually use, but are normally too expensive (and unneccessary) to buy in bulk alone. EG regrips, tape, gloves, other trinkets. Plus, by getting brands on board, and offering smaller items, they get (essentially) free advertisement! Offer them a bulk purchase for a discounted price (on your end), and they make a little money, as well as reaching a (potentially) larger market than their norm.

If you get larger brands on board, like Osaka, Dita, or Ritual, then they may even throw in some free stuff anyways, they can afford it. This might actually be the best way to get t-shirts for the box, since larger companies usually have a pipeline of some sort for manufacturing cheaply and with good quality, and many already make limited edition shirts for teams they put together for small tournaments anyways!

Other ideas for items would be umpiring gear, captains bands (?), maybe a nice reversible penny or something every once in a while? (I love mine for practices).

I know youve probably already thought this through @Fraz_37, I just love to spout stuff out!

Ben267 likes this.
  8. BossFHockey

BossFHockey FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    This would be quite a list for all of them....
    I have yes my office at home has thousands of bits of paper with ideas and stuff, I have got some base designs for tshirts that I might run with, mostly funny.

I am currently working to build good relationships with brand through my social media giveaways, so I would ask if you can go support the giveaways as I run them then brands will be more interested in being involved with my other projects later on.

Links to my giveaways on www.bossfhockey.co.uk

9. CRV

CRV FHF Top Player

I think a sporty type shirt would be more beneficial.

BossFHockey likes this.
  10. BossFHockey

Stick/s:
    I was considering doing something similar as a one off box, like a bumper box kind of thing, glove, socks, base layers, gum shield, etc things you may only want once a season rather then every couple of months. I promise I am still working on this I'm very busy with the back end side of things as well as the giveaways at the minute but I'm trying to make connections to take into this idea. I might also be starting selling funny/novelty hockey themed t-shirts that would be in the boxes after the box is out as a way to get more revenue towards bulk buying. not sure if its worth doing or not at the minute, many plates currently spinning. More updates to come

LeClou, Julian Gagnier and Mollster like this.
  11. Julian Gagnier

@Fraz_37 in terms of a gum shield, take a look at Sisu mouth guards. I haven't seen them overseas much, but they are officially the mouth guards of USA Field Hockey, and they are also used by plenty of other sports players. Really cool, innovative mouth guards. Really thin and light, so you can talk once you mold them.

12. BossFHockey

Stick/s:
    Will do thanks

13. CRV

CRV FHF Top Player

I like the idea of socks! I have loads which have lost their elasticity or are too small.

Player for 15 years, coach for 6.
    Sponsored by Beikou Hockey

14. BossFHockey

Stick/s:
    That was my thinking

I'm running some competitions links to enter at www.bossfhockey.co.uk

15. Nij

Nij FHF All Time Great

Things I would want in a regular subscriber box (every 1-2 months):
    • Hockey-themed light clothing. T-shirts, neckties, scarves, hats/caps
    • Training materials. Developed by a national/international coach, that works on fitness, mobility, speed, individual skills, team skills.
    • Coaching/Managing materials. Team psychology, sub rotation philosophy, scheduling, tactics for various playing styles (both offensive and defensive), checklists for one-day travelling and for tournament travelling.
    • Hockey miscellany. Grips, socks, stick guard, stick repair, shoelaces, shoe repair, mouthguards.
    • Hockey novelty. Keyrings, pens, toy sticks,
    • App subscription.
    • Magazine subscription.
    Things I would want in a bumper/annual box (once a year, alternating March/August by hemisphere)(in addition to items from the regular box):
    • Equipment. Gloves, shinguards, whistles (i.e. Fox40), cards (not junk ones).
    • Extended training/coaching/managing material. DVDs, books, folders and boards, carrybags.
    • Hockey-themed heavy clothing. Jackets, trousers or pants.
    This list is not exhaustive, there must be other things that would be cool or useful.

There should be a variety amongst things from month to month; it might be better if each box had a 'focus'. For example, the first box has more a preparation focus, while the next is about training and competition, and the next one is umpiring, and so on.

I'd pay £10 a month for a year, if it got me five regular boxes plus a bumper box. I wouldn't need to know what came in a particular box, just what kind of combination of things I could expect.

I would not pay more if the excess went to a charity, only because I would give directly to the charity instead and it's an extra complication that a new project doesn't need. Having said that, I would pay more if it meant e.g. "every ten boxes helps us give a free box to young players in poor regions of the world".

CRV likes this.
  16. BossFHockey

Stick/s:
    So im looking to try and progress with this soon. For the first couple of boxes I might have to do it as a one preorder for the discount then have a referral system for money off the 2nd box. It might have to be box price plus postage as no delivery company will give me any quotes without numbers. I'm looking at ordering boxes and getting the included goodies sourced to keep the box cost as low as possible.

The thing that is slowing me down and is a really pain is just getting responses from printing companies for the boxes and trying to find out what the size is of a letter box as if the content can fit through letter box then the postage goes down a bit which save people buying it money until i can get a bulk order deal with a courier.

If i try and keep the box £15-£20 and then have shipping on top is that a fair or would you prefer for the first box for it to be cheaper?

Mollster likes this.
  17. Theory

Theory FHF Legend

Stick/s:
    Magnum Lolly
    £15-£20 sounds like a fair price.

18. BossFHockey

Stick/s:
    It's just with postage on top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. BlindGoalie613

BlindGoalie613 FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Beikou Drag 90
    I'm very interested tbh. if it launches by christmas I'll get my girlfriend one too

20. BossFHockey

Stick/s:
    Im hoping to get sorted by December so people can buy it for christmas, still working on the theme I have an idea that I want to run with but I need to finalise the design and then i need to speak to someone about it. But hopefully its do able with like 6 weeks time.