Hockey Season 2016/17!

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Card-Happy, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Card-Happy

Card-Happy FHF Starter

Nearly time! my lot start back this weekend and I've managed to offload all organising responsibility to others! can just concentrate on playing. Interested to see how teams are this year as it was a quiet summer rumour wise!

2. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

Not sure how the rumour mill has been turning since I left, so I'm not sure how the league is shaping up. However, I'd anticipate uni to improve again this year from third (yes, we finished third and no points deduction is going to tell me otherwise). As much as I'd like to think I'm worlds greatest keeper, Dave Forrester lining out is going to make a big difference at the back for them. I'd imagine with some of the guys having been involved in the world league as well, I'd imagine confidence will be sky high heading into this year.

Difficult to look past Kelburne again though, isn't it? Hoping for it to similarly tight up the top again this year though. Last year was really exciting with Menzieshill nearly topping the table, the playoff race being tight to the last few weeks, and Uddy managing a big end to the year to avoid relegation. Hopefully it's a good season, and I'll be keeping an eye on it with interest from Dublin.

3. CiaranCrawford

CiaranCrawford FHF Regular Player

How many points were uni deducted last season?

4. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

Three and had to take walkovers from their first three games, so 8 in total. That led to Western and Gordonians getting two more each, and Grange being given after a loss. Big swing.

5. Card-Happy

Card-Happy FHF Starter

Who do you play for now F1-Mania?

Those points did make Uni look like a mid table team where it was more top 3 going on actual results. Need to toe the line this year ;)

Hopefully tight again and someone beats Kelburne to shake it up.

We lost to Granite who were by far the better team on the day. We had 5 2nd team players which didn't help but I'm not sure it would have mattered anyway. We have the numbers but not the weekly availability!

6. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

I played for Uni last year, but have since graduated and am playing back in Ireland. Still casting a keen eye on Nat 1 for the coming while.