Hockey in Taiwan?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Wai, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Wai

Wai FHF Newbie

I've recently moved to Taiwan from the UK and have been struggling to find any field hockey teams out here. It's a bit weird, because they have an international team so there must be some clubs somewhere,but I've been unable to find anything. Basically, does anyone know of any clubs, I'm missing my hockey at the moment.

2. Frenchy

Frenchy FHF Regular Player

it seems there are not much hockey club in Taiwan
    try to look at universities in Taipei may be or try to contact expats association like aussies, british etc tehy may have social teams

3. Wai

Wai FHF Newbie

Thanks for the advice, I ended up getting in touch with some people via the hockey Asia website. You were right though, there's not a lot of players, and no real club set up to speak of, just a few enthusiastic players. There's also only one AstroTurf in the country and at the moment the local government where it is are trying to dismantle it. Still, had a good game of 7 a side and they all play to a pretty good standard!

4. Frenchy

good to hear mate.
    if you guys are keen to tours in south east asia let me know there is always a lot of 5 or 6 a side tournamnet all year round in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand or Vietnam
    enjoy :p

5. NickMUHC

NickMUHC FHF Newbie

Hi I'm living in Taipei at the moment, would someone mind giving me the details of this 7-a-side game?

6. Wai

Wai FHF Newbie

7. Frenchy

guys

if you have enough numbers coem to HCMcity in Novemebr for the Annual 6 a side tournament ;-)
    if you need more info please PM me yoru email address

8. Ryanonice

Ryanonice FHF Newbie

Hey Wai. I was wondering, do you guys still go out to play hockey on Sundays? I live in Taoyuan and I've been dying to get back into playing hockey again.

9. scottshen

scottshen FHF Newbie

Hi there. Anyone still playing Hockey in Taiwan.
    Very interested to get back onto the field for some hockey.
    Would be highly appreciated if someone gives me some info.
    thx.

10. vivian

vivian FHF Newbie

hi there, im a female, i was wondering if girls can join?? or do you guys still play field hockey these days at the place menioned above??

11. Jacques

Jacques FHF Newbie

Hi, I'll be in taipei from September 2013 to January 2014 and would like to play fieldhockey too, maybe we can try to set up a new group Vivian? Or join these guys if they are still playing (last post showing that they were still playing is nearly 3 years ago).

12. carlosm

carlosm FHF Newbie

Hi am new here in taipei i want to know there´s any club or team to play field hockey here in taiwan please let me know thanks