Hockey in Indonesia

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Frenchy, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Frenchy

Frenchy FHF Regular Player

Hi all, i was at the outdoor indonesian states championship 2 weeks ago. I was impressed and nicely surprised by the number of teams that were playing. Most of the states were represented. The mens competition had 16 teams if i reckon properly and the ladies about 8. It was nice to see teams from as far as Papua or Kalimantan. Hockey is taking a new dimension there. Indoor is even bigger and to have watch some of the jakarta team, the level is pretty good. There is a page on facebook with all the result called "hockey Ina" have a look. They will organize a big indoor hockey late april 29_30apr and 1 may. For anyone interested, let me know.

2. BlindGoalie613

BlindGoalie613 FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Beikou Drag 90
    I had heard good things from a mate who was over there for a while, nice to hear similar from another source

3. Frenchy

Frenchy FHF Regular Player

it has improved a lot for the past few years. All the big cities has hockey now either via the uni or club. Indoor is a big focussed for them.

octavsutar likes this.
  4. octavsutar

octavsutar FHF Newbie

Hi Frenchy, glad to find your message here and many thanks for sharing a good news in this forum.

Looking forward to seeing again in Indonesia.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk