Hockey Factory Shop

Discussion in 'General Hockey Chit-Chat' started by Johnny Heath, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Krebsy

Krebsy FHF All Time Great

As has been demonstrated more than once, Americans use the fact that the Internet is essentially worldwide publishing to use English law to sue Americans for libel where they could not do it in the UK.
    Sad but true,

2. Gingerbread

Gingerbread FHF All Time Great

As do Russian and Arab rich ones, the stupid part is the UK courts accepting things - there are cases where someone has written something in say Russian, for a Russian website and they use the UK court to sue on the basis someone in the UK might have seen it!

Krebsy likes this.
  3. Inselaffen

Inselaffen FHF All Time Great

you have to be very careful what you post if you are based in Arab Oil Rich countries. An Australian woman was deported from Dubai for posting a picture of a hummer parked across 2 disabled parking spaces and writing "insulting words" about the driver. The driver did not have a disabled parking badge.

[​IMG]

4. Gingerbread

Gingerbread FHF All Time Great

Yeah but that is a woman in a country being dealt with by the rules of that country.

What I am talking about is if I was in say France and wrote an article on a French website, in French, slating a guy in Dubai, using the English courts to sue me on the basis someone in England might have seen and read the article is an abuse of the legal system but that is the basis people have (successfully) sued in UK courts for libel. It's also being used to shut down criticism of authorities or people with the right connections.

5. Marqi - AR

Marqi - AR FHF Reserve Player

We don't talk about Voldemort retail hockey shop.

I recommend you to talk with @Hockeygear or @The.Rampage.Rado for future purchases. I bought from both of them without any problem. (Ps. I'm from Argentina).

Cheers!

Hockeygear likes this.
  6. Hockeygear

Hockeygear FHF Regular Player

We don't talk about Hockeygear, we are Hockeygear

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

BossFHockey and Marqi - AR like this.
  7. asc1991

asc1991 FHF Top Player

It's the shops responsibility to get the item to you, they chose the courier.

8. otss

otss FHF Top Player

you obviously don't work in an industry that uses couriers - yes its the senders responability but often the sender can spend hours trying to do the right thing to get a parcel delivered and they are let down by the courier - and following on from that the CS for the courier company maybe trying their very best to help and being let down by a driver - its not a perfect world

9. Krebsy

Krebsy FHF All Time Great

Fine, but it is still the responsibility of thr retailer to get the goods to you at the time they say they will.
    The customer can only pursue the retailer. They have no recourse against any courier as they have not signed a contract with the courier. The retailer must pursue the courier.

10. asc1991

asc1991 FHF Top Player

Exactly.

My old company changed courier because of problems and since then it's been fine. It's a companies responsibility to use a good service.

11. otss

otss FHF Top Player

yes of course the retailer has to chase the courier what I am saying is don't always assume if a parcel doesn't arrive on time its the retailers fault and they are not doing their up most to get the parcel to you .