Which gear? Helmet re-conditioning help

Discussion in 'Goalie Zone' started by AndyGaut, Jul 26, 2017.

1. AndyGaut

AndyGaut FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    TK GK 1.1, OBO Fatboy, Malik Black Magic
    I have a couple of years old Stacey helmet (one of a kind, custom) that could really do with a bit of professional maintenance, can anyone out there recommend a company or person that would be able to quote me for replacing the foam, checking fittings and fixtures, fixing dents and a possible respray. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Folmer

Folmer FHF All Time Great

Goalmutt likes this.
  3. jonnyg

jonnyg FHF Regular Player

4. Bonza

Bonza FHF Newbie

Although not UK based, I have to recommend you at least consider Michel Doganieri at Protechsport in Canada.

http://www.protechsport.com/en/masks

For years, Michel has made top quality custom masks for a number of NHL goaltenders - and he puts in exactly the same effort when making a full or semi custom mask for any other customer too.

I have one of his semi custom masks and can attest to the quality of materials used, the craftmanship involved and the results. Having used Obo for a number of years, the difference was night and day.

Although I haven't personally used it, I know that in addition to new masks, Michel also offers a full mask refurbishment service, where I'm sure your requirements will be taken care of. He knows several airbrush artists too if you're considering getting a paint job other than a solid colour.

Not sure what the costs would be, and the postage might add up a bit, but if you want the best man for the job, Michel would be it in my opinion. Probably worth an email anyway - he always replies promptly too.

5. AndyGaut

AndyGaut FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    TK GK 1.1, OBO Fatboy, Malik Black Magic
    Thanks everyone I'll check out all the options above, much appreciated