Headset recommendations UK

Discussion in 'Outdoor Umpiring Questions' started by MikesDad, May 6, 2015.

1. MikesDad

MikesDad FHF Top Player

We are a small club looking to invest in a pair of headsets which will work well to assist the umpires.

Any good/bad brands or experiences?

Thanks

2. SportBilly44

SportBilly44 FHF Top Player

Cheapest (reliable) option - buy some BT500 intercoms off ebay and then some Jabra Wave headsets. Total cost approx £90.

3. Jersey Jerry

Jersey Jerry FHF Legend

We bought the Umpire Talk set - £250. More expensive but easier to fix with one supplier if things go wrong. Had them for a season and have only good things to say

4. Abbo

Abbo FHF Newbie

I bought a pair of Umpire Talk ones - quality for the price. Agree with sportbilly44, buy some jabra wave headsets

5. Gingerbread

Gingerbread FHF All Time Great

We got the UT ones for the organisation but the supplied headsets are terrible, mine failed after 3 uses, had some out of the box that didn't work - Jabra setups are recommended yes

6. Abbo

Abbo FHF Newbie

yep the UT headsets were v poor in quality and design

7. alex.miles

alex.miles FHF Star Player

It's too bad because I really loved the original UT radios. Had some drawbacks in that it wasn't particularly water resistant and had two different packs to clip to your belt/lower half clothing (battery & radio were separate). Couldn't pair devices either. But I could live without those functionalities. When the radios fall apart as quickly as the latest version does, obviously that's a different story...

However, these original UT radios had the best sound quality of any radio set I've used, including Vokkeros. That reason alone, it is my favourite set I've ever used.