Handling Intentional Offences in Other Umpires 23m areas

Discussion in 'Game Management & Communication' started by Ballingdon, Aug 22, 2008.

1. redumpire

redumpire FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

Well I'm glad we got that sorted CH.

Sounds like a plan to me (as does Bertbob's intervening post!)

2. bfc1912

bfc1912 FHF Newbie

One thing I've tried ontop of the VERY LOUD WHISTLE is to start moving to the position you take up for a PC (move towards the centre of the pitch). As this is often moving towards your colleague you can also come together for a chat if needed.

3. controller

controller FHF Legend

Communication before the game is very important, you will get some umpires who do not want to talk especially at club level, therefore you are on your own.

I always say if I see something that is serious enough for me to blow, then I would hope you will upgrade it to a short. let me deal with any cards as that is unfair on you especially if you have not seen the incident.

If it is in your 'D' then it is yours, I will not blow but I will be looking at you all the time until you see me, and if you don't then I will stay in place and I won't move if a goal happens and I think that we need to talk about a previous incident.

Apart from that, I saw a great piece of umpiring at the weekend at Brooklands, a great advantage, a good piece of two umpires working together & a decision that worked for both umpires and one of the teams.