Grays GX7000 Maxi or Micro?

Discussion in 'Which stick? (includes Stick Reviews)' started by HockeyFwd, Aug 4, 2013.

1. HockeyFwd

HockeyFwd FHF Newbie

Am thinking of getting a GX7000, moving on from the Jumbow as it's too bent. Need something straighter for control. But noticed they added the Micro head last year (and again this year). Does anyone know the difference? And or have any pictures? Might just keep it standard with the Maxi head. I think the Micro is the same head shape but thinner? But not much information out there. Any help would be appreciated.

2. robtheaus

robtheaus FHF Star Player

The micro is shorter than the maxi and a bit thinner I think

HockeyFwd likes this.
  3. jaduong

jaduong FHF Legend

the micro has a SLIGHTLY tighter turn radius than the maxi head. it is therefore no different from a maxi, apart from the angle of the turn.
    it is identical to the maxi apart from the outer edge of the blade, which is a bit thinner. the turn radius is less than a hook blade, but that is about it. the 'hitting' area is of similar thickness.
    you will probably not notice too much difference between the two, since both are similar in bend.

one thing i would not fall for is the guff on the grays website. it is completely meaningless. the regular blades are all of similar thickness( in the hitting area. the hook has a noticably thicher outer edge though. the micro a slightly thinner outer edge than a maxi). you would notice the difference between a scoop blade and a normal one though...they are def thinner.

get either and they are both great sticks.

HockeyFwd likes this.
  4. HockeyFwd

HockeyFwd FHF Newbie

Thanks Rob, which stick do you use?

5. HockeyFwd

HockeyFwd FHF Newbie

hs.jpg
    Thanks jaduong, appreciated! So not much difference. Might just go Maxi - keep it original. There's this image on the Grays website but still not that clear.

6. jaduong

jaduong FHF Legend

the difference is pretty small. a guy in our club uses the micro, and i have sticks with a maxi and a hook head, so i might try and take some pics of all three in the flesh and side by side for you!
    i'm not sure what the latest hook head is like in terms of thickness, but last year's 8000 was pretty chunky.

i's just stick with the maxi though..

7. HockeyFwd

HockeyFwd FHF Newbie

Cool, thanks - sounds like the difference is negligible + better off sticking with what I know i.e. the Maxi.

8. robtheaus

robtheaus FHF Star Player

I use the GX7000 with the maxi head which is great.

9. HockeyFwd

HockeyFwd FHF Newbie

Nice!

10. HockeyFwd

HockeyFwd FHF Newbie

From Grays - With regards to the Micro and Maxi heads on the GX7000 stick you are correct, in that the sticks have the same shaped heads but the Micro has a thinner profile.