Which gear? Goalie gear

Discussion in 'Goalie Zone' started by Ken Doan, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Ken Doan

Ken Doan FHF Newbie

Looking for used goalie gear for my 14 year old daughter who is just starting to play keeper. Any suggestions?
    Thank you

2. nemo

nemo FHF All Time Great

Depends on her physical size level of play etc , I m not a massive fan of obo ( ducking for cover ) but safe to say they offer the best durability about so if she's not likely to sprout a foot or so that could be a option , but get a decent helmet ( preferably new ) new groin guard and the best kickers you can , that's prob the three most important areas particularly with kids. Also where you based in the world ?

3. Ken Doan

Ken Doan FHF Newbie

Thanks for the input. We're located in San Diego, California in the US.

4. Folmer

Folmer FHF All Time Great

At 14 the main issue is whether she's still growing or not. If she is, then investing a lot of money in very durable kit which she grows out of in a year is a waste of money. Better to get a kit which offers sufficient protection for the coming 2-3 years and when she's done growing get the best kit you can afford.

Further I repeat the advice above re Helmet, pelvic protector and kickers. The most important thing with a helmet is fit. It's better to have a decent helmet which fits properly than a top of the line which does not.