GK Deliberately Covering the Ball with Glove

Discussion in 'PS and Goalkeeping' started by Ballingdon, Mar 8, 2008.

1. deegum

deegum FHF Legend

now how would he do that red?
    Its a flat surface against a spherical object- as is a stick. he can only cover a small arc.

Just as with a stick he is entitled to have it there.

Just as with a stick the attacker only has to get in a position where the ball is not " covered' by the pad.

You mightn't like it much.

But in no way would he be able to " protect" the ball for long, legally. Just as if a defender had his stick horizontal or near horizontal on top of the ball.
    The only difference is the size of the " stick"

What do you mean by " cover"

I thought I had explained my visualisation of the situation pretty clearly- for once lol

2. keely

keely FHF Legend

You explained it clearly, but sorry, I don't accept the conclusions you've drawn from your statements and I believe that no one else has either.

You think it's perfectly reasonable to expect that an attacker must place their stick perfectly perpendicular parallel to the ground, hook the stick in behind the ball and draw it out from underneath the goalkeeper's hand protector, who is likely applying at least a small measure of downward pressure on the ball. We don't, and consider that obstruction.

I guess you're just going to have to call it your way and the rest of us will call it differently.

3. Diligent

Diligent FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

I hate doing this Keely, but since it's a lighter topic than Your First Red Card, I'll ask the question:... do you mean "parallel to the ground"? :boring:

And sorry Deegum, I don't agree either.

4. keely

keely FHF Legend

Oh crap. Some days even my right hand is wrong. :sorry: