GB ladies in CT

Discussion in 'Tournaments & Leagues' started by Ravennghorde, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Ravennghorde

Ravennghorde FHF All Time Great

Shorts, old guys rule cap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. nemo

nemo FHF All Time Great

Who was carrying the times newspaper and who was wearing a red rose in their lapel ???? ;-)

Stuart Burnside and Ravennghorde like this.
  3. Ravennghorde

For a free beer I'll do either

Thanks @Stuart Burnside for the beer and chat. Always good to put a face to a name.

nemo likes this.
  4. Seive

Seive FHF Top Player

Personally it was pretty disappointing from both the GB men and ladies especially given most of the other teams didn't bring full strength sides over. Maybe it was because they all know they are selected for Rio and so didn't have a point to prove compared to other nations or could just be a reflection of where they are looking to peak their performance at Rio rather than before- Who knows?

Both teams seemed to lack the ability to be aggressive and play forward but also creativity in the final 3rd or perhaps a game changer who would fashion a chance out of nowhere. Bray has the ability to do the latter but seems to have been told to leave her creativity and flair in the changing room which is a shame.

I still think the ladies will be contesting for a bronze although the men i think are more likely to be 5-6 playoffs.

5. Ravennghorde

The ladies were welded to the side line with very little aggression mid field. Astonished at more than one point yesterday to see all our players in their own 23. For a moment they were pretty well in one half of the D. Difficult to attack when no one is owning the forwards job.