EuroNations Indoor 2016

Discussion in 'Europe' started by peterwins, Jan 15, 2016.

1. peterwins

peterwins FHF Legend

enjoyed watching some of the good quality live stream from Prague. Sweden weren't able to recapture the heights they reached in the IWC. was surprised that @NicfromSweden was on the bench for both games. hope all is well and that he will get a chance in the remaining games. enjoyed seeing a couple of old friends from the Czech republic still playing good hockey-Stepi got a PC goal after a wonderful faked layoff which the GK bought 100%, and Phillip Neusser commanded his circle. nice win for austria over Holland. looking forward to some more good matches over the weekend.

redumpire likes this.
  2. NicfromSweden

NicfromSweden FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

Yeah neither me or the team had a very good tournament and I ended up only playing in two games. We were missing our key player Johan Björkman (who is playing HIL) who always scores a huge amount of goals, he was the top scorer of the last Euro nations.

We had many new players in the team so in a way it is good we have started to get them in the team and hopefully we can come back stronger in two years.

We will not have a B division which is unusually strong with England, Holland and France so I think the level will be very high next time.

3. FastForward24

FastForward24 FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Beikou Low 70, Beikou Pro 10 Indoor
    I wasn't so keen on coverage this year. Don't get me wrong, I love watching all forms of hockey, but I feel some of the intricacies of the indoor game can be lost when watching online. The atmosphere looked amazing again, like it does for most major indoor competitions, but as a product to watch online/on TV I'm not sure it's as entertaining as EHL/HIL/Outdoor World Cup coverage. This is purely just my opinion and would love to hear the opinion of others that watched any of the coverage/highlights

4. peterwins

peterwins FHF Legend

i had no problems with the stream, but with only one camera high at midfield and no commentary the production was limited. still, I was happy to be at home in the USA watching top-class indoor for free! the other tournaments you mention have much fancier and more costly production. for good indoor production, check out any videos you can find of 2003 or 2011 IWC or the English Indoor finals.