EH match abandoned

Discussion in 'England Hockey' started by Ravennghorde, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Ravennghorde

Ravennghorde FHF All Time Great

Noted that a women's conference match was abandoned after 51 minutes. In my league 50 minutes makes a match so the result when abandoned stands. Seems EH is different. Anyone know the procedure?

2. thirdeyeblind

thirdeyeblind FHF Newbie

11.2 In the event of a match having to be abandoned, the EHLC will decide on the action to be taken after receiving a report from the Match Official (or umpires where no Match Official has been appointed). Such a decision may necessitate a replay of the fixture, dependent on the circumstances at the time of abandonment.

I do not believe there is a specific 'cut off' time stated for EHLC matches, it is down to the MO and the umpires. I believe a Conference game was abandoned last season due to torrential rain with the away team a goal down, but awarded a short corner in which the injection was attempted and didn't reach the top of the circle due to standing water. After more than half an hour delay the game was called with the home team awarded the victory. I think after an appeal for a replay the result stood at the time of abandonment.

Ravennghorde likes this.
  3. redumpire

redumpire FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

Yep, every case is treated on its merits.

This game was at 0-3 when it was abandoned. There were 19 minutes (27% of the game) left. It was in Exeter and the away team would have a long journey for a 'replay'. Interesting call...

#3 redumpire, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Ravennghorde likes this.
  4. Ravennghorde

I hear it's being replayed. Last time the hotel bill for the away team was about £1000. Can't see the point unless the goal difference for the away team is a consideration for end of season. They were 1 GD behind the top team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Ravennghorde

Are the deliberations published?

It's a top of table (28 points) v bottom of table (4 points) clash. Result very unlikely to change. 360 mile round trip for second match in the weekend.

Interesting to know why EH went for a replay.

6. redumpire

FHF Moderator

No, I don't think they are.

Ravennghorde likes this.
  7. Ravennghorde

Thanks for the reply

8. Nij

Nij FHF All Time Great

In a ten-team competition, the final placings for first and second came down to goal difference. Both top teams had smashed the tenth-placed team, but one scored 6 goals more (23-0 versus 17-0). Third-place team had barely got to double-digits if at all, they were nowhere near such a big beat.

When tops play bottoms, the results can swing a long way. If the second-on-table team already played the bottom-of-table and won by a lot, the result of the washout may well affect the final outcome of the season.

Ravennghorde likes this.
  9. Gingerbread

Gingerbread FHF All Time Great

It's similar to a game in the women's when Olton were unable to fulfil a fixture at Canterbury and rather than lose 3-0 the result was awarded as 12-0 to be fair to the team as their league rivals had won by that score. Ultimately it didn't matter as Canterbury won the league by 1 point but if it had come down to GD Reading having won 12-0 would have gained +9 goals over a 3-0 forfeit score

10. Ravennghorde

To complete the story. Replay 3-0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. redumpire

FHF Moderator

Inevitably! ;-)

Dirty Den and Ravennghorde like this.